By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

I can believe that MS didn't pay for FF13 (though they probably did), that was probably squares decision to maximize profit, but I can guarantee you that they paid for the day and date release with PS3 version. It will take longer to port the game to the 360 than it will to localize the PS3 version, so the PS3 version is being held back for the 360 version, Microsoft definitely paid for that. If they didn't pay for it, something tells me the 360 version will be "delayed".

As in go buy us some coffee.

http://speedhunters.com

Around the Network
Strategyking92 said:
Gobias said:
Strategyking92 said:
DTG said:
Yes, because Sqaure must be convinced that they can make a larger profit by releasing FF13 on the Xbox360 since the system is selling so spanking good in FF's two largest markets, Japan and Europe.

well, xbox360 is still ahead of the ps3 in europe. So I would say yes, it is selling spankingly good.

At least alot better than last gen.

No it isn't.

ok then smart one. Does this lie?

72,280 (-5%) 6,795,707
55,841 (+6%) 7,332,347

Did you miss this Jimmy?

http://news.vgchartz.com/news.php?id=1310

Strategyking92 said:
Gobias said:
Strategyking92 said:
DTG said:
Yes, because Sqaure must be convinced that they can make a larger profit by releasing FF13 on the Xbox360 since the system is selling so spanking good in FF's two largest markets, Japan and Europe.

well, xbox360 is still ahead of the ps3 in europe. So I would say yes, it is selling spankingly good.

No it isn't.

72,280 (-5%) 6,795,707
55,841 (+6%) 7,332,347

You said Europe, not Others.

You make yourself look foolish when you're so brash.

As in go buy us some coffee.

http://speedhunters.com

Gobias said:
Strategyking92 said:
Gobias said:
Strategyking92 said:
DTG said:

No it isn't.

72,280 (-5%) 6,795,707
55,841 (+6%) 7,332,347

You said Europe, not Others.

You make yourself look foolish when you're so brash.

well sorry Captain Observance, maybe I just don't give a damn sometimes?

Europe, others, same difference to me. I DON'T CARE. It only means the xbox360 is still ahead in other countries and it's not as behind the ps3 in europe as you think.

Obviously MS is winning somewhere, and still is. AND,

I've never really seen the "others" tab as anything beyond europe.

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

It was a feature article by Source. If one were to skip all other posts but the ones by Source and ioi, they still would have known the PS3 has been selling better in the EU than the 360, despite the price cuts and despite the one year head start.

Just admit when you're careless/wrong and do it gracefully.

NA is the only market the 360 maintains a clear lead over the PS3. Everyone acknowledges this, why can't you?

Around the Network
greenmedic88 said:
It was a feature article by Source. If one were to skip all other posts but the ones by Source and ioi, they still would have known the PS3 has been selling better in the EU than the 360, despite the price cuts and despite the one year head start.

Just admit when you're careless/wrong and do it gracefully.

NA is the only market the 360 maintains a clear lead over the PS3. Everyone acknowledges this, why can't you?

The sad part of this is there is no reason why its outselling the 360. Oh yeah, and for as long as I can remember "others" meant Europe...

they could be counting Australia too, but the PS3 far outsells it there, which is self-defeating.

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.

Couldn't say personally.

My best guess would have to be a mix of current games available, media center/B-RD capabilities and name branding.

None of those alone should explain why it's selling better than a cheaper, but very similar console with a bigger line up of games, unless price really isn't a key factor as it is in the US, and the PS brand really does carry more resonance in the EU just based on past sales.

The quality perception may play a part as well since it seems to matter more to Europeans, but who can say?

horriblebastard said:
Diomedes1976 said:
Undying said:

Why is "Game A" not on the PS3? Its because M$ PAID THEM!!!!

I'm seriously sick of this ridiculous theory. Games are published for the 360 because the publishers feel that they can make more money on the 360 rather than the PS3. MS does not pay every publisher to put there games on their system. The only case was with the GTA IV DLC. Now stop saying the only reason the 360 gets exclusives is because microsoft paid the publishers.

Yeah ,sure .....so you are saying Namco Bandai actually thinks TOV and Ace Combat 6 would sell better on the 360 in Japan or that Square may think for a single second that SO4 will sell better on the 360 that it would on the PS3?

This would imply they are absolutely stupid ,as each and every game released in Japan ,and those games have the lion share of their sales there ,sells between 2 and 4 times better on the PS3.Look at Namco Bandai numbers for march-june ....270 000 games sold in the PS3 and 170 000 on the X360 ...with only one game out in the PS3 and the X360 having the same game plus all their catalogue titles as Ace Combat 6 and Eternal Sonata.

And ,as we know these people are grown up adults that know to add 2+2 the thing is clear ....MS is paying them.And probably a lot.

THis is what MS does ....buy its way to success.

The licensing fees was the weapon used by Sony back in the last gen ,as its massive userbase could mean that reducing the fees 5 dollars for a  game could mean 20 millions of revenue for the editor.But MS isnt doing that ,as the japanese games are selling so few units that that amount could mean as little as 250 000 dollars....and just because 250 000 dollars you dont scrap a PS3 version that would make that only selling 40-50K units.So I think MS is just giving out cash..

Hmmmmm.....if I was MS what would I do? Just let it fall further behind or actually do something about it? It amazes me that people seem to think it's unique to MS, rather than being a common thing in the world of business.

Thing is nobody can play that game against MS because in a wallet fight you are lost against them.

I am not saying its not their right or a smart decision from MS,but the topic is if they are managing the games to be released on their system by paying directly the developers and the answer is yes.

Diomedes1976 said:

Yeah ,sure .....so you are saying Square may think for a single second that SO4 will sell better on the 360 that it would on the PS3?

This would imply they are absolutely stupid

the last star ocean sold best within america.  fairly logical to produce on the dominant console in the area that sold the best.  especially since they still hold a worldwide lead.

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

It's just a rumor at this point really, but not one without basis for possible truth.

From SE's POV, it makes a great deal of sense to open the game to the NA and EU 360 markets based upon the current userbase and the fact that there is a pre-established market on that console for JRPGs.

Even without any incentives from MS, it still means additional sales since not everyone with a 360 would have realistically bought a PS3 for that one game.

A lack of willingness from SCE to provide financial "help", would have been incentive enough to consider going multi-platform if rising development costs and a fairly modest user base in the PS3 had SE concerned.

Any offer from MS, whether it be a waiver on licensing fees for multiple discs, or for a set number of units, rebates on stock, development funds, etc. would have been reason enough to cement the decision.

The only consumers that are really getting the raw end of the deal are the Japanese 360 owners. But they were under the assumption that FFXIII was going to be a PS3 exclusive when they bought the console. Not that it still isn't a big slap in the face to say all major 360 markets get a port EXCEPT Japan.