By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Jo21 said:
oh come on if not that m$ is even ashamed of that.
they clearly stated they pay 50 millions for GTA4 exclusive DLC.

sony said they won't pay, and really right now can't pay considering they started making profit in 2008.
they take its to make games that are only possible on ps3 like mgs4, heavy rain.

Sony declared profit in 2008?...show me the link to this. They lose $400+ per system.

Around the Network
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Jo21 said:

sony said they won't pay, and really right now can't pay considering they started making profit in 2008.
they take its to make games that are only possible on ps3 like mgs4, heavy rain.

Sony declared profit in 2008?...show me the link to this. They lose $400+ per system.

I think your in the past mon~ Jump forward another year and a half :D

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.

ChronotriggerJM said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Jo21 said:

I think your in the past mon~ Jump forward another year and a half :D

Elaborate.

Can anyone really argue that MS obviously paid for FFXIII to be on their console, when the PS3 game will be done before they even start working on the 360 version, but they aren't going to release the PS3 version till the 360 version is done? How can this even be argued? Why would SE even think of doing this unless they got a hefty amount of money? They are going to sit on a DONE product that could bring in a lot of money for no reason?

Owner of PS4 Pro, Xbox One, Switch, PS Vita, and 3DS

They still lose money on each console, but it's a MUCH smaller amount than it used to be, it was predicted that they lost $400 at launch when the console dropped in price. The manufacturing techniques have cut cost's significantly. They don't lose anywhere near $400 per console :P

[Edit] In my opinion, I don't think they lose more than at most $50-75.

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.

Around the Network
wenlan said:
Kyros said:
Why doesn't SE dare to release FFXIII for Xbox360 in Japan?

Because there are three Japanese who have a 360 in Japan and they most likely have some kind of contract with Sony?

LOL, I am pretty sure there will be at least 10,000 more next week because of the release of TOV.

But seriously, according to the latest issue of Famitsu magazine, M$ did pay a lot of money (number remains to be revealed) to persude SE to release FFXIII on Xbox360.  I believe M$ must have requested the Japanese version as well but SE refused.

You know, I won't be surprised if over 50% of that money lies in Wada's bank account. CEO's will be CEOs. Just check how much the top American oil company CEO's (looking at you EXXON) are making while Americans bleed at the gas pump and  the economy is crashing.

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

naznatips said:
Yes, they buy games. It's not that big a deal. Sony did it the entire PSone generation. I don't mind them doing it, but the problem is when developers sell their time they are selling it for what the financier wants, and what MS wants is nothing but the safe, popular, no-risk games. That's why the only RPGs they've paid for are generic mainstream ripoffs or games from the already popular franchises.

That's fine for the casual RPG gamer, but it hurts other RPG gamers because it means the companies that are getting paid stop making the games that take chances. For that reason, you'll never see a game like Valkyria Chronicles or Fragile on the 360, because it's too risky, and MS won't pay for stuff like that.

So it's great for 360 gamers that they are getting some RPGs, but it can be genuinely detrimental to innovation in the genre, and that's why you need platforms like the DS, Wii, and to a lesser extent the PS3 to get the RPGs that take chances, and truly evolve the genre.

My two bits.

Not entirely.  Mistwalker was a startup, you can't tell me that's not risky.   I know it was started by the creator of FF, but past succes is no guarantee for the future.

Leetgeek said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:
Aj_habfan said:
"MS does not pay every publisher to put there games on their system. The only case was with the GTA IV DLC"

Bioshock was bought as a timed exclusive as well. You also mean to tell me all those Japanese developpers chose the 360 over PS3? Please, the 360 is a joke in Japan and without getting payments from Microsoft they would be suffering huge losses for no reason.

So that means that what MS did was only good for American and European 360 owners? How f'n dare they...

I'm beggining to doubt that you own a PS3 or you wouldn't be like "yay M$ added to the delay of this game hurrahh!!!"

Don't front like you're not a 360 fanboy.

I think ZenfoldorVGI is all for the wii.

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

S.T.A.G.E. said:
Jo21 said:

they made 50 million the whole game division last quarter ;)

De85 said:
naznatips said:
Yes, they buy games. It's not that big a deal. Sony did it the entire PSone generation. I don't mind them doing it, but the problem is when developers sell their time they are selling it for what the financier wants, and what MS wants is nothing but the safe, popular, no-risk games. That's why the only RPGs they've paid for are generic mainstream ripoffs or games from the already popular franchises.

That's fine for the casual RPG gamer, but it hurts other RPG gamers because it means the companies that are getting paid stop making the games that take chances. For that reason, you'll never see a game like Valkyria Chronicles or Fragile on the 360, because it's too risky, and MS won't pay for stuff like that.

So it's great for 360 gamers that they are getting some RPGs, but it can be genuinely detrimental to innovation in the genre, and that's why you need platforms like the DS, Wii, and to a lesser extent the PS3 to get the RPGs that take chances, and truly evolve the genre.

My two bits.

Not entirely.  Mistwalker was a startup, you can't tell me that's not risky.   I know it was started by the creator of FF, but past succes is no guarantee for the future.

Sakaguchi is the creator of FF. How's that risky? Many who have played LO keep writing about how many similarities it has to FF. I heard they even had someone called Cid just that it was spelt differently. Past success partially guarantees the future because the names of developers and frachises sell as well. Why did Dragon Quest: Swords sell so many copies if not for the name of the developer and franchise?