By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Which Nintendo franchises do you wanna see in HD?

Animal Corssing. (LOL)(JK)

Metroid.

Around the Network
Xen said:
Actually, I wouldn't mind a Zelda in HD. A Twilight Princess styled one too!

What the nice man with he Balthier avatar said.

4 ≈ One

scottie said:
Valkyria00 said:

Shit! All of you idiots arguing on here. I have to change this all up....

First off I dont give a FUCK if you say graphics dont make games good or that they dont matter.
Thats not what this post is about!
Get that through your fucking heads!!!

What games do you want in HD? Its a simple question dont blow it out of proportion!

Now when I say HD imo I consider it more realistic. So thats why I said before I dont wanna Mario or Zelda to be in HD.
I want those games to be stylized.

Games I do wanna see in that MGS 4 or Heavenly Sword (not all dark and gray but just kinda realistic you know) would be Metroid, Starfox and Kid Icarus. Only ones that come to mind.

Sorry champ, "in HD" means 720 vertical lines of video format resolution or more. 1080 for 'true hd'

So now I hope you can see that a game can be stylised and HD.

Now, the only 1st party Nintendo game that could benefit from all the pixels is metroid, things like zelda and mario have a combination of pseudo realism and their style, so the pixel count needn't be higher than 480p provides. metroid is something different

I don't see why any game wouldn't benefit from being higher detailed ... For example, taking the Cell-Shading style of TLoZ:WW and increasing the polygonal and texture detail by 6 times would (certainly) be a nice effect.

most of nintendo's franchises aren't really geared towards HD. Metroid, Zelda, Starfox are the only ones that come to mind. Maybe Kid Icarus but as it hasn't been released since the NES I don't really have any graphical expectations atm.

Mr.Y said:

HD seems a little bit like premium gas to me.

lol, that's actually a great analogy to me.  better? yeah.  worth the price? debatable...at least at the moment.  i think no at the moment but i'll probably change my mind once prices come down a bit.

Around the Network

All of them, next generation. And cartony games DO profit from being HD, just look at the prettiness that is Little Big Planet.

Pikmin with more realistic world setting with cartoony/(clay?) characters would look cool.

I wonder what Pokemon with fur and textures would look like..... Hmm....

t3mporary_126 said:
Pikmin with more realistic world setting with cartoony/(clay?) characters would look cool.

Actually the wii is highly capable of Fur Shaders.

Unfortunately I don't think pokemon battle revolution used the wii's TeV units. Maybe if there is another pokemon game on the wii.

sc94597 said:
t3mporary_126 said:

Actually the wii is highly capable of Fur Shaders.

Unfortunately I don't think pokemon battle revolution used the wii's TeV units. Maybe if there is another pokemon game on the wii.

Hopefully, they'll try that then. It would be nice to see Milotic with scales or Arcanine with fur....

Don't know about Pikachu, though....

Edit: Nvm, Pikachu can look cartoony like that Queen Bee in Galaxy

golden sun.