By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Which Nintendo franchises do you wanna see in HD?

Theres no image......

There is. Here's a direct link to it: -

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/a/a2/Common_Video_Resolutions_2.svg/700px-Common_Video_Resolutions_2.svg.png

Around the Network
Million said:
sc94597 said:
obieslut said:

i think zelda and Mario would look kinda scary in hd unless they kept the really cartoon like art direction.

Metroid i couldnt care less about i dont like that series, it seems like a boring unfun version of half life 2, halo like game

Probably starfox or f-zero, that would bee good.

METROID IS NOT A FPS. STOP COMPARING IT WITH FPS' PEOPLE. METROID IS AN ACTION-ADVENTURE, OR SPECIFICALLY  A FIRST PERSON ADVENTURE.IT IS IN NO WAY SIMILAR TO HALO, OR HALF-LIFE.

@OP I don't really care.  There are tons of Wii visuals that I prefer to that of PS360 games.  I guess Zelda would look nice, but graphics are a really shallow part of a game, and imo don't matter at all. I would rather a nice art direction than high quality graphics with a bad art direction(I'm not saying all HD games have bad art directions).

METROID IS AN FPS , ITLOOKS LIKE AN FPS , IT PLAYS LIKE AN FPS , IT BLOODY SOUNDS LIKE AN FPS , I'VE PLAYED IT !

Sc is in denial claiming that there are many Wii games which are superior in visuals in comparison to PS3/360 games , I hope he's talking purley about art direction since that's subjective ( if he's actualy talking about graphics he'd be proven wrong even against launch titles).

Personaly i'd love a HD Wii , I want Smash Bros Brawl , Red Faction 2 , Kid Icarus , Super Mario Galaxy , Zelda  GIMME IN HD.

A First Person Shooter is a sub-genre of action games. Action games are for the most part linear. Action games usually focus on things like speed, and also feature alot more battles. Action-Adventures on the other hand focus on non-linearity, and usually have aspects of puzzle solving, and are less focused on battles. Metroid Prime 3 is a First Person Adventure. It features puzzle solving, less battles, backtracking, open world, and upgrades similar to other Action Adventures. It is for the most part a First Person Zelda game with a different setting and Weapons. Calling metroid a First Person Shooter is like calling Zelda a hack n slash. Just look at the 2d roots of metroid. It wasn't considered and Action game like most side scroller shooter games, but an Action-Adventure.  If you want to learn more on the differences between a First Person Shooter, and a First Person Adventure here are some links. Also the creators of the game(retro studios, and Nintendo) both call it a First Person Adventure, and Not a first person shooter. Metroid's gameplay is very different from that of Half Life or Halo. The only Metroid game that is an FPS is Metroid Prime Hunters, and I despise the game, and don't even think it should even have metroid in the name.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First-person_shooters

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Action-adventure_game (Look under First Person Adventure)

As for the visuals. I was talking about how much I like the picture on the screen of some Wii games compared to how much I like the picture on the screen of Most HD games. Which means I like the content of the picture rather of than the Quality. So yes I'm talking about Art Direction.

F-zero, star fox, mario and zelda

Valkyria00 said:
steven787 said:
HappySqurriel said:

The reality is that High Definition graphics has absolutely nothing to do with how realistic an image looks ... after all movies on DVD still look far more realistic than any computer game regardless of the hardware it is running on or the output resolution.

But along with HD resolutions comes the textures, higher polygon counts and effects that make games look more realistic.  That's what he means.

I am up for HD Starfox or Fable-ish Zelda.

Exactly!

You know I got your back... when you're right.

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.

Metroid Prime would be cool perhaps Zelda. The rest is comic style anyway so graphics do not matter that much.

Around the Network

In a cartoony game, SMG for example, i would argue that the Wii was powerful enough to render plenty of animations in the game. Ask me after seeing and playing BK and ill tell you if having more processing power, not neccesarily greater detail, is needed in the next machine.

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

Actually on second thought I would like to see some of that beautiful hand drawn stuff in HD... Imagine Wario or Paper Mario in glorious HD detail.

Plus, am I the only one that isn't bothered by the real looking Mario; except the voice.

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.

zelda hands down.

if you gave it a more mature feel i think everyone would be blown away. make it look realistic (ie the enviroments, people, etc etc). you can nearly keep the gameplay the same just tweak it alittle. the main thing would be to keep as little loading times as possible, and give it a sweet kick arse dark story line filled with plots and twists.

^
dont you think tp was mature enough?
i dont need it to be more serious.
the dark feel and style was cool
now i want something stylized swaying away from the realistic look.

Valkyria00 said:

Shit! All of you idiots arguing on here. I have to change this all up....

First off I dont give a FUCK if you say graphics dont make games good or that they dont matter.
Thats not what this post is about!
Get that through your fucking heads!!!

What games do you want in HD? Its a simple question dont blow it out of proportion!

Now when I say HD imo I consider it more realistic. So thats why I said before I dont wanna Mario or Zelda to be in HD.
I want those games to be stylized.

Games I do wanna see in that MGS 4 or Heavenly Sword (not all dark and gray but just kinda realistic you know) would be Metroid, Starfox and Kid Icarus. Only ones that come to mind.

Sorry champ, "in HD" means 720 vertical lines of video format resolution or more. 1080 for 'true hd'

So now I hope you can see that a game can be stylised and HD.

Now, the only 1st party Nintendo game that could benefit from all the pixels is metroid, things like zelda and mario have a combination of pseudo realism and their style, so the pixel count needn't be higher than 480p provides. metroid is something different