By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Which Nintendo franchises do you wanna see in HD?

Shit! All of you idiots arguing on here. I have to change this all up.... 

First off I dont give a FUCK if you say graphics dont make games good or that they dont matter.
Thats not what this post is about!
Get that through your fucking heads!!!

What games do you want in HD? Its a simple question dont blow it out of proportion!

Now when I say HD imo I consider it more realistic. So thats why I said before I dont wanna Mario or Zelda to be in HD.
I want those games to be stylized.

Games I do wanna see in that MGS 4 or Heavenly Sword (not all dark and gray but just kinda realistic you know) would be Metroid, Starfox and Kid Icarus. Only ones that come to mind.

Around the Network
Valkyria00 said:

First off off Im not really even thinking about the next generation Wii. This thought has been running around my head for a while so I thought Id finally post it.

When the next gen comes all the consoles will be in HD. Nintendos console at the very least will be 720p.

I dont wanna see Mario or Zelda in HD. Mario works in cartoony style so I dont want to see a realistic mario I just don think it would work.

As for Zelda I wanna see something stylish. Like what Valkyria Chronicles is doing.  Not exactly like it but something like that. Or a badd ass Cel-Shaded version. Nothing like WindWaker though. More mature and stylish in HD.

Id like to see Metriod as third person game in HD. I think it work and look beautiful. Starfox is another not in third person back to how it used to be and in HD. 
Those are two games I really wanna see in HD.

So what dont and do you wanna see in HD?

The reality is that High Definition graphics has absolutely nothing to do with how realistic an image looks ... after all movies on DVD still look far more realistic than any computer game regardless of the hardware it is running on or the output resolution.

Actually, I wouldn't mind a Zelda in HD. A Twilight Princess styled one too!

HappySqurriel said:
Valkyria00 said:

First off off Im not really even thinking about the next generation Wii. This thought has been running around my head for a while so I thought Id finally post it.

When the next gen comes all the consoles will be in HD. Nintendos console at the very least will be 720p.

I dont wanna see Mario or Zelda in HD. Mario works in cartoony style so I dont want to see a realistic mario I just don think it would work.

As for Zelda I wanna see something stylish. Like what Valkyria Chronicles is doing.  Not exactly like it but something like that. Or a badd ass Cel-Shaded version. Nothing like WindWaker though. More mature and stylish in HD.

Id like to see Metriod as third person game in HD. I think it work and look beautiful. Starfox is another not in third person back to how it used to be and in HD. 
Those are two games I really wanna see in HD.

So what dont and do you wanna see in HD?

The reality is that High Definition graphics has absolutely nothing to do with how realistic an image looks ... after all movies on DVD still look far more realistic than any computer game regardless of the hardware it is running on or the output resolution.

But along with HD resolutions comes the textures, higher polygon counts and effects that make games look more realistic.  That's what he means.

I am up for HD Starfox or Fable-ish Zelda.

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.

Zelda and Metroid

Around the Network

I don't give a frak about HD cause it doesn't make the games better

Wiis already 420P. Wii on HDTV with 420P vs Wii on old bube toob is a world of difference. Wii is already basically HD... it just would be nice if it had a higher polygon count. As for games in HD, I would really like to see Mario, Smash, and Banjo kazzoie. BK is in HD, so I am fine. Next gen will be nice, but I am really enjoying this gen.

melbye said:
I don't give a frak about HD cause it doesn't make the games better

^It does make them look a lot better though.

All of them.

Pixel Art can be fun.

Xen said:
Actually, I wouldn't mind a Zelda in HD. A Twilight Princess styled one too!

me too!