By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Which Nintendo franchises do you wanna see in HD?

Kasz216 said:
Don't care. I'd guess all of them since HD will likely be in all next gen consoles.

I was about to say that too, in any case all games will have HD in Nintendo's next console :P

Around the Network
melbye said:
I don't give a frak about HD cause it doesn't make the games better

Yes it does, but it's not what's important, imagine there were 2 versions of SM galaxy, one in SD the other in HD, which one would be better? the exact same game appart for HD vs SD, the one that looks better right?? it's just logical! although I agree that a SD game can be better than any HD game

Listen to the voice of reason, then do as I say.

Qly said:
melbye said:
I don't give a frak about HD cause it doesn't make the games better

Yes it does, but it's not what's important, imagine there were 2 versions of SM galaxy, one in SD the other in HD, which one would be better? the exact same game appart for HD vs SD, the one that looks better right?? it's just logical! although I agree that a SD game can be better than any HD game

Would you be able to see a difference? I don't think I could. I know I can't for TV shows and movies.

Maybe I just don't have enough experience staring into a HD TV.

Man, of course you can!! I can count the pixels on my old crappy tv! and it's a small one! at my folks, on a 1080 is like looking through a window

Listen to the voice of reason, then do as I say.

A new, 2D sidescrolling metroid. I'm getting a little tired of 3D perspectives, and good 2D would melt eyes in HD

Around the Network
Leetgeek said:
I think a Zelda game on PS360 would look like this:

Ironic that that was supposed to be a demo to show off the power of the Gamecube :D

Yeah ,and there wasnt so much noise aobut "X Lies !!!" around it as Sony E32005 videos.

While anything would be nice with ps3/360 graphics, Mario/smash/Animal Crossing, wouldn't be hugely exciting. Zelda, and metroid would. In fact while playing Twilight Princess I often sighed at the thought of how awesome this game would look on the other systems.

With that said, I think Mario would have this insane rich and polished look to it on the other systems, LBP and Banjo look amazing , proving that even cartoony games see a big difference with the extra hardware, so it would be cool to see them with better graphics. Nonetheless I imagine the next Nintendo console while I'm sure it will follow the same philosophy, as the Wii I think by then the cheaper hardware available would at least grant them a system with ps3 level graphics.

I would really love to see Zelda with TP style and Metroid.

SSBB: 1977-0005-2980 (JOEY) MKWii: 4382-2877-5902 (Joeykanga)
Wii:4027-0084-9432-1532             PM me if you add me.
Tag courtesy of fkusumot: Joeykanga - "Just post something once, don't ruin the thread"

I sure as hell don't want a HD-Mario

http://boundless.fileburst.com/mario.html

klick play.

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

Diomedes1976 said:
Leetgeek said:
I think a Zelda game on PS360 would look like this:

Ironic that that was supposed to be a demo to show off the power of the Gamecube :D

Yeah ,and there wasnt so much noise aobut "X Lies !!!" around it as Sony E32005 videos.

... because they demonstrated it (and the Rogue Squadren demo, which ended up looking better in game) on hardware running in realtime.