By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - VGC-er Comes Through! $199.99 Arcade Price Near-Confirmed!

I believe there are just a bit over 100 of the Fred Meyer stores around , so if they give bulk discounts I'm sure bigger stores are getting them cheaper than us.

@DMeisterJ Most times Fred Meyer puts items on promo first before a price drop to lure the people in who are drawn to the big orange "Sale" signs we use, just an illusion of savings over a flat out price drop to the people who don't keep up on the console prices.

Around the Network
DMeisterJ said:
It says promo, so I'll take that as a grain of salt.

Already discussed, doesn't seem to be an issue.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

djwoodgrain said:

I believe there are just a bit over 100 of the Fred Meyer stores around , so if they give bulk discounts I'm sure bigger stores are getting them cheaper than us.

@DMeisterJ Most times Fred Meyer puts items on promo first before a price drop to lure the people in who are drawn to the big orange "Sale" signs we use, just an illusion of savings over a flat out price drop to the people who don't keep up on the console prices.

I don't think DJ reads the thread before he posts.

steven787 said:
I think that the sales of the three consoles have little to do with one another at this point.

People have already decided which one they want to buy and are waiting for their oppurtunity to do so. (Price Drop, Money in hand, bundle, etc)

So the sales of 360, PS3, and Wii are mostly (but not totally) independent of one another.

I totally disagree, Wii sales are independant, but PS3/360 sales are in bloodthirsty competition with each other. Most people will ONLY buy a PS3 or 360, not both, since they are mostly the same system, with only a smattering of exclusives (and feature differences like Blu Ray) seperating them.

Heck I'm a 360 owner, and I cant justify buying a PS3 so far, simply because for the most part, it does the same things as my Xbox360! Now Sony fanboys dont jump down my throat, it's just my opinion. If a PS3 was 99 I'd buy it, but it's hard to justify 399 when 90% of the games are multi-platform and basically look the same between them. There's only a handful of exclusives to differentiate them, and even fewer that I care about (probably the only PS3 exclusives I really desire in any way are Uncharted, MGS4, and Killzone 2. Three games).

It's not a bash on PS3, somebody who owns a PS3 would probably be thinking the same thing about 360. It just illustrates that PS3 and 360 target the same demographic, are very similar systems, and in most cases every PS3 sold is a loss of a 360 sale and vice versa.

I see gho-..... uh, trolls.

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

Around the Network
NJ5 said:
DMeisterJ said:

Yes, if you'll notice in the original picture, the 279.99 was also considered a promo price at one point.

oh i hope sony follows:)

If they cut the price even more alot of people will buy it just because of the blu ray

This should keep the 360 numbers very high all the way into the Holiday Season. This Christmas is going to be interesting.

Love the product, not the company. They love your money, not you.

-TheRealMafoo

masterb8tr said:
oh i hope sony follows:)

If they cut the price even more a lot of people will buy it just because of the blu ray

They can't.  Sony would be hemorrhaging ¥¥¥ from every orifice instead of bleeding money.  They already stated that they need to focus on profitability for this year.

Dolla Dolla said:
NJ5 said:
DMeisterJ said:

Yes, if you'll notice in the original picture, the 279.99 was also considered a promo price at one point.

I guess we'll see then.

Sue me for being cautious that all the evidence I have is a screenshot of a compouter at this point.  I'll wait for more conclusive evidence.

And I just can't see them price-dropping so early after the 60 gig comes out.