By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - VGC-er Comes Through! $199.99 Arcade Price Near-Confirmed!

Bah I can't believe all this stuff came out like a day after I wrote that big article where I expected a 360 price cut in October. Soo close. Bah.

People are difficult to govern because they have too much knowledge.

When there are more laws, there are more criminals.

- Lao Tzu

Around the Network
DMeisterJ said:
Dolla Dolla said:
NJ5 said:
DMeisterJ said:
It says promo, so I'll take that as a grain of salt.

Already discussed, doesn't seem to be an issue.

Yes, if you'll notice in the original picture, the 279.99 was also considered a promo price at one point.

I guess we'll see then.

Sue me for being cautious that all the evidence I have is a screenshot of a compouter at this point. I'll wait for more conclusive evidence.

And I just can't see them price-dropping so early after the 60 gig comes out.

Retailers receive their fliers 2 weeks in advance, so expect to see grainy cell phone pics of crumbled fliers sometime in the last week of August.

Currently playing on PS3: God of War III

Currently playing on Xbox360: Final Fantasy XIII

Currently playing on NDS: Chrono Trigger

Onyxmeth said:

Yeah stickball, there's a name in the top right hand corner that maybe you want to take out. I don't really want to see someone fired over this.

Anyways, that's damn good news for people wanting an entry level 360. It would be cheaper to buy that Arcade at 199.99 plus the $180 for the 120GB hard drive than the Elite itself. $70 cheaper.

You can get refurbed 120gb hds for about $100. So theorectically could make an elite for $299.

This is great and all, cut it sucks for those who bought 20G for $299.
Microsoft should do a free upgrade to 60G for us all who have 20G.
Or at least upgrade for $20.

FishyJoe said:
Onyxmeth said:

Yeah stickball, there's a name in the top right hand corner that maybe you want to take out. I don't really want to see someone fired over this.

Anyways, that's damn good news for people wanting an entry level 360. It would be cheaper to buy that Arcade at 199.99 plus the $180 for the 120GB hard drive than the Elite itself. $70 cheaper.

You can get refurbed 120gb hds for about $100. So theorectically could make an elite for $299.

Thanks for letting me know. I think i'm going to get one eventually as an upgrade to my Pro. I've been on a buying spree lately with XBLA games and don't want to run out of room this Fall when game installs begin. I usually only have about 6 GBs remaining at a time.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Around the Network

Wow it looks like my signature could actually come true! xD This pleases me greatly...

Tease.

Onyxmeth said:
FishyJoe said:
Onyxmeth said:

Thanks for letting me know. I think i'm going to get one eventually as an upgrade to my Pro. I've been on a buying spree lately with XBLA games and don't want to run out of room this Fall when game installs begin. I usually only have about 6 GBs remaining at a time.

I'd probably get it now as I bet these things will disappear quickly once the price cut approaches.

FishyJoe said:
Onyxmeth said:
FishyJoe said:
Onyxmeth said:

I'd probably get it now as I bet these things will disappear quickly once the price cut approaches.

Which websites sell the refurbs? I'll definitely look into it. I would love to back up my most played games onto the hard drive, but I can't justify even one install with the 20GB. I could probably load at least 10 titles with the bigger drive.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Just keep an eye out on ebay, there are some vendors that sell the refurb drives.

FishyJoe said:
Just keep an eye out on ebay, there are some vendors that sell the refurb drives.

Oh ok. Yeah I already went on eBay and posted some links for a refurb 120 GB drive for 100 with 10 shipping. Do you think there's a large chance of them breaking again or are they pretty sturdy once fixed?