By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - VGC-er Comes Through! $199.99 Arcade Price Near-Confirmed!

Thanks to DJWG, a retail employee for this!

Very interesting picture that he took, with the various company-sensitive data taken out. Certainly looks legitimate to me.

It shows that the Xbox 360 Arcade is to drop on September 7th, 2008. That would be on a Sunday, when I do believe most flyers are printed to show new sales. This would be the debut week of NHL 09, and 1 week prior to Rock Band 2, and Star Wars: The Force Unleashed, which would be a very good time to release such a pricedrop....If memory serves me correctly, Microsoft dropped the price on the X360 last year the week before Madden launched.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Around the Network

Why not blanking out the name in the top-right corner?

By the way, it says "NEXT PROMO PRICE".

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

I just edited the name out.

Do you honestly think that the promo price would magically be the rumored price, for a quick special?

Oh, for his quote:

Hello all, newbie lurker here, just thought I would add that I checked in my system at work and came across a sale we are having on the arcade and the elite, both at the prices rumored. For whatever reason our store inputs them as a sale item and then usually drops the permanent regular price the next week when it comes to console price drops.

So according to him, they normally do that.

Yeah stickball, there's a name in the top right hand corner that maybe you want to take out. I don't really want to see someone fired over this.

Anyways, that's damn good news for people wanting an entry level 360. It would be cheaper to buy that Arcade at 199.99 plus the $180 for the 120GB hard drive than the Elite itself. $70 cheaper.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

mrstickball said:
I just edited the name out.

Do you honestly think that the promo price would magically be the rumored price, for a quick special?

Oh, for his quote:

Hello all, newbie lurker here, just thought I would add that I checked in my system at work and came across a sale we are having on the arcade and the elite, both at the prices rumored. For whatever reason our store inputs them as a sale item and then usually drops the permanent regular price the next week when it comes to console price drops.

So according to him, they normally do that.

Oh it's for the Elite too? What was the rumored price again? $399.99?

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Around the Network

How much is the 20 gig hard drive pack again?

You can also see that the markup percentage is 3%.  That means the price the store pays is 271.59, so they make around 8.41 with each sold.

On a closer look, there's also a PREV PROMO PRICE which would further support what you're saying. Was November 25 the date of the last price drop?

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

$199 - Arcade
$299 - Premium
$399 - Elite

Were the rumored prices. It wouldn't make much sense that the Arcade would be the rumored price, the 20GB is already at $299, and the Elite wouldn't drop.

Looks pretty legit. Not sure if that's supposed to be a promotional price or not since both the 199.00 and previous 279.00 prices are cataloged as "promo."

Quite a price drop though. If this is permanent, it means the 60GB will have to be priced down at $299 once the 20GB SKUs are cleared (by Sept 7th? or does this mean we'll be seeing fire sales on 20GB SKUs and HDDs?), since the 60GB HDDs with the headset and XBL cards will be available at $99.

Seems to lay more credence to the ArtTechnica report of a $199, 299, 399 price structuring for the Xbox line up.

Interesting. Nicely done, not so anonymous dude.