By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - 5.5 million PS3s sold

The 5.5 million cites number "sold" by Sony from their Annual report (fiscal year 2006), just like the 5.84 million is the number used by Nintendo.

From your second source, ssj12:
"In its annual report, Sony said it sold 5.5 million Playstation 3 units in the fiscal year ended March 31 2007, despite having faced production yield problems for its blue semiconductor lasers that feature inside each machine."

Around the Network
Chubear said:
ioi said:
Shipped not sold. We've had a number of these topics already !

Uh? Come on you of all people should know that the 5.5 million units shipped was of March 31st 2007 and it's been widely reported to be about 7 million shipped as of now. You're surely not saying Sony didn't ship anymore consoles to retailers after March 31 are you?

Sigh...well they could have used old numbers? I mean they did that for Wii last report I read.

Most important if you don't think Media Create and NPD lies, PS3 needs to have sold around 3 millions in Europe alone, looking at the last weeks software sales in UK I most say there is a lot of Blu-ray buyers.

Buy it and pray to the gods of Sigs: Naznatips!

If the sites state that they were SOLD SOLD SOLD microsoft said SHIPPED SHIPPED SHIPPED sony said SOLD SOLD SOLD why cant you guys believe the ps3 has SOLD SOLD SOLD 5.5Million units? The ps myspace blog even said that sony says they SOLD SOLD SOLD 5.5 million units as of june 10.

mM
leo-j said:
If the sites state that they were SOLD SOLD SOLD microsoft said SHIPPED SHIPPED SHIPPED sony said SOLD SOLD SOLD why cant you guys believe the ps3 has SOLD SOLD SOLD 5.5Million units? The ps myspace blog even said that sony says they SOLD SOLD SOLD 5.5 million units as of june 10.

This quote is almost as cute as your signature.

ssj12 said:

This has been confirmed by Yahoo.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ibd/20070626/bs_ibd_ibd/2007626lands;_ylt=AqQm369fR2EFp782cFlihAYK77EF 

And Compound SemConductor .

http://compoundsemiconductor.net/articles/news/11/6/30/1 

both of these sites are very reliable. So, im guessing all the consoles were sold in the regions not really monitored like Russia, England, etc.   

OMG!... Believe what you want! Just check charts from Mediacreate, Famitsu and VGCharts. They can't all be off by more than 70%...!!! This is shipped, not sold!

I know it's hard to have a loosing system (N64/Gamecube era for me ...) But don't start to come up with lies! That's just REALLY pathetic!... When PS3 reaches 5.5 Mil SOLD, not shipped. Then Wii will be around 14 mil if this pase continues!... So dream on little boy!... Believe whatever you want! But you're now believing in lies!

And Dolladolla: Nintendo also said Shipped in their fiscal report... But they had a total sell through (PS3 didn't!!!) So we can assume the salesnumbers were pretty close to that number!

THE NETHERLANDS

Around the Network
leo-j said:

Because there is no reliable proof.

Is there some kind of chemical imbalance in the fanboy brain that prevents them from understanding the difference between selling to retailers and consumers.

leo-j said:

Looking at your signature... I find you very convincing... *Hahahahaha... Btw: Your signature is very funny ...*

THE NETHERLANDS

leo-j said:

Mayby because NPD and Media Create is stating ~2.5 million sold in USA and Japan combined? Or are you saying that those are stating lies?

Buy it and pray to the gods of Sigs: Naznatips!

leo-j said:

You're frothing at the mouth, fanboy. Grab a napkin.

Ask yourself this:

How does Sony know how many are sold to end consumers? Do they hack into every major retailer's databases?

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/