By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - 5.5 million PS3s sold

Microsoft ALSO said SOLD. Everyone knew it was SHIPPED, however.

Around the Network

As of June 10th, 5.5 million consoles have been sold to retailers with about 3.5M sold through to consumers. There are about 2 million consoles sitting on shelves for the PS3, which is about the same number as there are for the 360 which has about 12M sold to retailers and 10M sold to consumers.

StarcraftManiac said:
leo-j said:
If the sites state that they were SOLD SOLD SOLD microsoft said SHIPPED SHIPPED SHIPPED sony said SOLD SOLD SOLD why cant you guys believe the ps3 has SOLD SOLD SOLD 5.5Million units? The ps myspace blog even said that sony says they SOLD SOLD SOLD 5.5 million units as of june 10.

Looking at your signature... I find you very convincing... *Hahahahaha... Btw: Your signature is very funny ...*

My signature has nothing to do with this topic, its just that if people wree to say right now accrding to nintendo the wii has sold 20 million consoles that would be put straight up in the chartz like krazy,but no it cant be believed if its the ps3, all becuz thers no proof and those links arent proof enough for you?

mM
stof said:
Obviously no one was prepared for the PS3 to take Kyrgyzstan by storm. Though rarely tracked for sales due to it's poverty stricken economy, this nation of 5 million people fell in love with the PS3's blu-ray player, purchasing it en mass in anticipation of the day they could also afford high def televisions and electricity. And don't expect the PS3 sales to slow down anytime soon. There's still 3 million more Kyrgyzstanians who have yet to get one!

OMG... I'm crying with laughter... thank so you much.  You made this entire post of unbelievable ignorance worth reading.

Hey. I actually agree with your quote leo-j. Wii sales will drop early 2008, because it will be supply constrained from the holiday season.

Anyway.... Those quotes are from Sony, and they want to look good. Thus, they say sold. They are trying to look good.

Around the Network

Wow, this guy makes Washimul sound reasonable.

leo-j said:
StarcraftManiac said:
leo-j said:
If the sites state that they were SOLD SOLD SOLD microsoft said SHIPPED SHIPPED SHIPPED sony said SOLD SOLD SOLD why cant you guys believe the ps3 has SOLD SOLD SOLD 5.5Million units? The ps myspace blog even said that sony says they SOLD SOLD SOLD 5.5 million units as of june 10.

Looking at your signature... I find you very convincing... *Hahahahaha... Btw: Your signature is very funny ...*

My signature has nothing to do with this topic, its just that if people wree to say right now accrding to nintendo the wii has sold 20 million consoles that would be put straight up in the chartz like krazy,but no it cant be believed if its the ps3, all becuz thers no proof and those links arent proof enough for you?

No, it wouldn't.  Because Nintendo exaggerates their sales just like Sony, but this wasn't even Sony exaggerating their sales.  This is simply Consoles sold to retailers by the end of the fiscal year 2006.  There is nothing more to it, I'm sorry but you really need to be incredibly dense to not understand that.  It's hilarious that you are fighting so hard to adjust completely irrelevant numbers to what's tracked on this site.  Fanboys show their true colors. :)

leo-j said:

You are now really starting to annoy me
 just get lost from this site troll

LEARN TO BELIEVE TIMES CAN CHANGE

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

Holy crap man you people are delusional as hell. It's like you all live in this little VGC bubble, wow men just wow.

@leo-j

I notice that you didn't answer my question above, but I guess that might because truth hurts....

So here it comes: NPD + Media creat gives ~2.5 million are you saying that EU has bought 3 million PS3? Or are you saying that NPD and MC is lying?

Buy it and pray to the gods of Sigs: Naznatips!