By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why Rock Band 2 Will Beat Guitar Hero: World Tour

GHWT has way more features, a better drum set, better look (IMO), and just as good of a song list. I think GHWT will better, and really use your head RB2 is RB1 with new songs, which could be DLC instead. Why put it on to a new disc. GHWT is the one taking the most steps forward.

Support good third party games on wii. Buy games like house of the dead overkill, de blob, madworld, the conduit and boom blox.

Around the Network

Rock Band 2 does have better songs, but it will probably benefit ps3/360 owners bcus Wii owners didnt get those features in rb1 and it is unlikely or maybe in rb2. it all comes down to the tracklist and rb2 probably has the better one plus all dlc will work.

so 360 = rb2

ps3 = rb2

wii = ghwt

Above I'm a proud Gran Turismo fan, not a Sony fanboy, and now a proud 360 owner, but sharing xbox live accts ATM

End of 2009 Predictions (made Jan 1, 2009): My predictions were pretty accurate, the 360 was over and the Wii was just under.

Wii: 65 mil (yea I'm crazy) 360: 35 mil (its getting there) PS3: 30 mil (the slim better do well)

End of 2010 Predictions (made Jan 7, 2010):

Wii: 81 mil  360: 47 mil PS3: 45 mil

Personally, I would rather pick and choose which songs I want to use rather than have bundled songs. I wouldn't buy an iPod with a limited selection of songs, why would I want games with limited songs. I'm hoping that this generation will bring an iTunes like selection where I can choose which songs I want and which I don't.

I could see in the next generation, these games would come with few or no songs. Instead they will give you a coupon where you can download say 20 songs from their catalog of hundreds if not thousands of songs.

Frets on Fire is better. It lets you play any song ever. As long as you know where to find em. And it let's you choose from several themes: 8-bit, GH1, GH2, GH3, and RB.

I'm sorry but if Harmonix think they can get with selling a game with a bunch of plastic toys again for £130 again, i'm still gonna back Guitar Heroe.

Currently Playing: Gears 2, World at War, GTA IV, Banjo Nuts and Bolts

The Greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge - Stephen Hawking

Around the Network

Heh just... NO... and most of the argument focused on his OPINION on Guitar Hero 3 not being as good as Rock Band, when in fact the only real difference was the difficulty of the songs cause most songs were DLC for both games, so yeah to say the track list for RB was better is a flat lie... then there were the faulty instruments with RB... and countless other things that were just an utter disappointment, Guitar Hero WT only ups the quality that was GH3 and adds so much more with track editor and create your own character to name a couple. GH WT is one of my most anticipated games.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

Yeah I feel that Rock Band's sales dipped aftre announcements of GH:WT. I think there are a significant group of people who, like myself, are holding out for Guitar Hero. I think that Guitar Hero will win.

"Let justice be done though the heavens fall." - Jim Garrison

"Ask not your horse, if ye should ride into battle" - myself

Music Creator is going to take it. Theres a descent community for Frets on Fire and many of them also play Guitar Hero 3 and do some work for the PC custom song version. Since now there will some developed tools and system wide sharing of music theres going to be a good chance that these FoF music makers will also use the GHWT MC. So yeah. RB1 and RB2 songs will appear on GHWT after a time. Also I am looking forward to playing some of the other bands I like in actual Guiter Hero over FoF. Kamelot, Night Wish, Epica.....

Most of the OP is opinion. I admit I never got into GH1 & 2, but I have played a number of the songs. I can honestly say that the track from GH1, 2 & RB are actually ho hum. The difficulty is rather easy too. I'm sure there are a handfull of songs that prove me wrong, but thats the exception not the rule. I like Expert for challange, but I like to play on Hard just for fun. I prefer GH3 Legends of Rock. I'm not to sure about GHWT track list though. But The MC will go a long way for me :)

Squilliam: On Vgcharts its a commonly accepted practice to twist the bounds of plausibility in order to support your argument or agenda so I think its pretty cool that this gives me the precedent to say whatever I damn well please.