By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why Rock Band 2 Will Beat Guitar Hero: World Tour

Yeah, this piece reeks of fanboy.

The best thing Rock Band has going for it is that it got there first. It has about 3 million sets of hardware out there just waiting for more software, and Guitar Hero won't have much of a chance at selling hardware to people who already own Rock Band.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

Around the Network

This article sucks. This guy didn't even bring any facts into the argument at all just a bunch of random fanboi comments.

If the leaked setlist for GH:WT is true, RB2 doesn't stand a chance. Hell confirmed exclusive bands include: Jimi Hendrix, Van Halen, and Metallica. All three of those names bring up the image guitar hero and they won't be found on harmonix's game.

I will be buying GH IV over rockband because I never brought GH3 and the other GH games so I can use the gituar for 3 games instead of one.

Harmonix can't nail the Hammer-ons and Pull-offs. RedOctane can, just look at Guitar Hero: Aerosmith. It just sucks to get into a solo in Expert and just screw it all up because you're too fast hitting the notes! C'mon, and I've been starting to play real guitar ever since I bought those games, and let me tell you, it doesn't make sense. They should probably let go that ''we're trying to keep the real feel of the song'' thing and start making it look more like a game (keyword here).

With that said, if RedOctane doesn't change the formula from GH:A, then World Tour will definitely ''own'' Rock Band 2 in my mind.

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

some of you guys think ive made but i havent its an article from a site

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Around the Network

Ok well it's time to give me opinion buddy.

"and honestly, the game was nearly impossible to beat on expert"

well they made the game to be a challenge. If you owned the crap out of GH2 and 5* everysong or w/e then GH3 was only a fun challenge dude. Just because you may suck balls at any song thats hard doesnt mean that the game is a dissapointment. People good at Guitar Hero and good at Rock Band like a challenge. Playing easy songs isnt really that fun.

"even if the Guitar sucked."

Everyone used their GH3 controller to play Rock Band. GH3 guitar sucked??? Thats absurd. Rock Band's controller strum bar sucked and and the frets sink in so deep that its very easy to press other frets while you're playing a song. Guitar Hero 3 controller was the best. All of the best Rock Band players don't even use rock band's guitar.

"making them fun on all the instruments (not just the guitar)"

All of the songs in Rock Band that aren't DLC are all easy. I got 100% on about 90% of the songs in the game and beat it within a couple hours. The drums charts are very fun. But the Guitar charts were not fun, innacurate, and they pretty much sucked in realism.

"GH:WT is going to be Guitar Hero 3 with drums and singing added into the mix"

WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU THINK ROCK BAND 2 IS??? IT LOOKS THE SAME AS ROCK BAND ONE!!! ALMOST indistinguishable from the first game. Rock Band 2 is Rock Band 1 with new songs and an overpriced $300 seperate drum set.

"When Rock Band was released, the game didn’t disappoint"

Come on people it was neversoft's first shot at a Guitar Hero game. Give them a break! In Harmonix's first try in a Guitar Hero game (GH1) it didnt go so well. You mentioned it. The hammerons and pulloffs were messed up.

"Now where’s Guitar Hero: World Tours set-list?"

NEW INVENTION. GOOGLE DUMBASS!!!!!! AREN'T YOU ON A FREAKIN COMPUTER OR WHAT??? DUH!!!!!!!!!!!! LOOK IT UP. GO TO WIKIPEDIA W/E!!!!!!! No hard feelings ok buddy?

AWESOME now you know what you're talking about. Rock Band still fucked up the Hammerons and pulloffs. This guy complains that hitting notes is too easy but said beating expert is almost impossible. I was like WTF!!! xD

^what was announced today?,i skipped it.

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Oh, why was this thread dug up?

Rock Band is harder to hit note than Guitar Hero. Casual gamers like to think it is hard but to be constantly rewarded.

Seriously, it doesn't matter who plays which longer (as the article claims) it matters which one sell more.

Guitar Hero will sell more, there are tons (read: millions) of people who are going to buy the disc for Guitar Hero just because they own 1,2, or 3 and don't want more guitars.

I'm not saying rockband doesn't have a chance, but it does have an uphill battle.

To put this into perspective:

13 million copies of GHIII
3 million Rock Band

They are not even in the same league.

Not that it matters who "wins". Both will go on as long as they are both profitable.

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.