By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Redsteel 2 officially announced? Oh great

I also think RedSteel 2 will be a much improved game. Developers are learning more about the Wii and figuring out what works. I really like being able to shoot like a gun instead of aiming with the control stick.

Around the Network
ckmlb said:
My money will stay firmly in my pocket in regards to this game.

Could you change your mind if the word of mouth is good enough?

It's just that I find absolute comments like that funny. You don't really know your mind won't change. You just know what you plan right now.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

I won't go as far as Ckmlb, but it will take some stellar reviews and some positive word of mouth before I get Red Steel 2. I have the first game. It wasn't as bad as reviews made it out to be but reeked of being incredibly rushed.

Yeah. As stated before, the first one suffered form Overhype and launchitis. I will probably pick it up anyway. I enjoyed the first one, and I doubt they could make it worse. Then again, it is Ubisoft...

You know, this game could be great, or this game could be awful. But there's just no way to tell at this point. However, I for one am optimistic that RS2 has a lot of potential. Developers seem to have gotten the bugs out of jumpy pointers (at least, Capcom has with RE4), which I think was one of the big complaints of the the first RS. Yes, I am optimistic; I really hope this will turn out to be a great game.

-Manella: Yeah... sux0rz! I hate missing out on food...
-Maya: Nick... what does "Sucksores" mean?
-Phoenix: No idea...

Around the Network

They should make the swordfighting a free-space action with the most accurate interaction between the blades as possible. That way, it feels like "true" swordfighting. I'd suggest a system like Wii Sports Baseball.

LordTheNightKnight said:
ckmlb said:

It's just that I find absolute comments like that funny. You don't really know your mind won't change. You just know what you plan right now.

Do you think ahead of time that you will be buying a sequel to a crappy game? Unless there is a huge change in the game (not likely) then I am positive I won't get this.

I predict Nintendo people will try to tell me that it's a great game, but they are literally the only people who think that.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

ckmlb said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
ckmlb said:

Do you think ahead of time that you will be buying a sequel to a crappy game? Unless there is a huge change in the game (not likely) then I am positive I won't get this.

I predict Nintendo people will try to tell me that it's a great game, but they are literally the only people who think that.

Even Nintendo fanboys admit the game falls short. Yet if the sequel works, you will likely hear about it from more objective sources.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

The sequel sounds like it will be much improved...

The first game sucked cause it was rushed and not enough work was put into it...it still wasn't awful though. A new game could potentially be great.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

ckmlb said:

If you don't like the idea at all that's fine.  Assuming RedStell 2 isn't just a rush job, but basic idea and goals are the same...   metacritic gave it a score of 63 which I think is fair given the games flaws.  What if Red Stell 2 gets a score of 85 which I think is possible if they do it right.