By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Redsteel 2 officially announced? Oh great

I am confident that Red Steel 2 will be an improvement over the original. It has to be, or else it will be completely worthless. I'm not terribly optimistic that it's going to be a good game, though. They have a long way to come from the first game.

Around the Network
ckmlb said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
ckmlb said:
My money will stay firmly in my pocket in regards to this game.

Could you change your mind if the word of mouth is good enough?

It's just that I find absolute comments like that funny. You don't really know your mind won't change. You just know what you plan right now.

Do you think ahead of time that you will be buying a sequel to a crappy game? Unless there is a huge change in the game (not likely) then I am positive I won't get this.

I predict Nintendo people will try to tell me that it's a great game, but they are literally the only people who think that.

what just like killzone and sony fanboys? 

I had a good time playing the first game. So far, it is thee only game besides Wario Ware that I actually took the time to beat (slowly working on Super Paper Mario). I am totally wanting a sequel but in order for it to mean much to me, it absolutely must have some form of co-op. I want to take people on with friends. Thee ONLY reason I think Perfect Dark was better than Goldeneye is because I could beat the game with my brother.

01000110 01101111 01110010 00100000 01001001 01111001 01101111 01101100 01100001 01101000 00100001 00100000 01000110 01101111 01110010 00100000 01000101 01110100 01100101 01110010 01101110 01101001 01110100 01111001 00100001 00100000

the sword fighting just wasnt doing it for me..that would have to be a huge upgrade.
didnt live up to the hype.. bland levels

blah blah blah red steel wasnt my thing

I am WEEzY. You can suck my Nintendo loving BALLS!

MynameisGARY

SleepWaking said:
ckmlb said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
ckmlb said:

It's just that I find absolute comments like that funny. You don't really know your mind won't change. You just know what you plan right now.

Do you think ahead of time that you will be buying a sequel to a crappy game? Unless there is a huge change in the game (not likely) then I am positive I won't get this.

I predict Nintendo people will try to tell me that it's a great game, but they are literally the only people who think that.

And this has to do with me because? I'm not going around telling people Killzone 1 was great, haven't even ever played it. Killzone 2 is going to look good graphically, that's all I can guarantee, gameplay I won't go around telling people it's gonna be amazing cause there's like no info still.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

Around the Network

You know the funny thing is this weekend I was talking to a person who works at Ubisoft. I really don't know him to well and he is not a programmer there, but according to him they all know that Red Steel sucks but they also know it was rushed to make launch which to them was more important so they could get a feel for how that type of game would do early on. They were very happy with the sales for what they even consider a rushed game(though they probably would never say that publicly). they have been working on Red Steel 2 for a while apparantly and while I coudln't get any real details about gameplay(this guy is an artist) he said they seemed to be much happier with this game so far.

SleepWaking said:
ckmlb said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
ckmlb said:

Spot on. Sony fanboys try to hype Killzone2 without even seeing ingame footage. For me as an outsider I see the whole thing as the same case. Red Steel was meh to me although it was a million seller but I could see why a well planned sequel could be successful. Killzone2 is the same. Just take a look at all the hype they give to killzone2 not even seeing an actual ingame picture in various boards. Yeah the E3 footage was great, but nothing was shown about the game. Just like cklmb said, sony people will try to say that it's a great game, but literally they are the only one who think so. 

I would rather wait when the games come out and then talk about them. Unless there is a specific game that has nostalogic appealings.  

Sweet - I just hope they given it another 12 months of development, and make it really polished, improve the general controls, stablise the frame rate (my #1 issue with the first game), add online...

I hope this DOESN'T come out this Xmas...

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

It turned out false. Still not officially confirmed:

http://kotaku.com/gaming/steely-denial/red-steel-2-internet-says-oui-ubi-says-non-272962.php

Publisher Ubisoft later denied that the follow up has been officially confirmed.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

ckmlb said:
It turned out false. Still not officially confirmed:

http://kotaku.com/gaming/steely-denial/red-steel-2-internet-says-oui-ubi-says-non-272962.php

Publisher Ubisoft later denied that the follow up has been officially confirmed.

CKMLB,

the announcement may be be false but they are making redsteel 2 right now . This is one thing I know for a fact.

Outside of that anyone here rememrb when Assasins Creed was not going to be on the 360?