By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Redsteel 2 officially announced? Oh great

redspear said:
ckmlb said:
It turned out false. Still not officially confirmed:

http://kotaku.com/gaming/steely-denial/red-steel-2-internet-says-oui-ubi-says-non-272962.php

Publisher Ubisoft later denied that the follow up has been officially confirmed.

CKMLB,

the announcement may be be false but they are making redsteel 2 right now . This is one thing I know for a fact.

Outside of that anyone here rememrb when Assasins Creed was not going to be on the 360?

You seem to contradict yourself here. How can the announcement be false but at the same time we know that they are making redsteel 2 for a fact? It is just a speculation, a good assumption at best.

Guess we will just have to wait for an official announcement. 

Around the Network
DoesWhatNintenDont said:
As Long as I can finally pull of an Indiana Jones on the guys with swords, I might give this one another shot.

I like the sword fighting idea a lot...but I'm not to keen on how *cough*"realistic" it is that suddenly the armory I'm carrying on my back won't work when some shmuck pulls out his baseball bat or sword.

thats because the game is based about honor. Person with honor would not use a gun to take the easy way out.

Also if you noticed if you spare their lives you get more respect points. That was the whole point of the game showing mercy to the enemy and earning respect not halo go in and shoot everyone u can down with some thrown in sword fights.

gorgepir said:
SleepWaking said:
ckmlb said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
ckmlb said:
My money will stay firmly in my pocket in regards to this game.

Could you change your mind if the word of mouth is good enough?

It's just that I find absolute comments like that funny. You don't really know your mind won't change. You just know what you plan right now.

Do you think ahead of time that you will be buying a sequel to a crappy game? Unless there is a huge change in the game (not likely) then I am positive I won't get this.

I predict Nintendo people will try to tell me that it's a great game, but they are literally the only people who think that.

what just like killzone and sony fanboys?

Spot on. Sony fanboys try to hype Killzone2 without even seeing ingame footage. For me as an outsider I see the whole thing as the same case. Red Steel was meh to me although it was a million seller but I could see why a well planned sequel could be successful. Killzone2 is the same. Just take a look at all the hype they give to killzone2 not even seeing an actual ingame picture in various boards. Yeah the E3 footage was great, but nothing was shown about the game. Just like cklmb said, sony people will try to say that it's a great game, but literally they are the only one who think so.

I would rather wait when the games come out and then talk about them. Unless there is a specific game that has nostalogic appealings.

Comparing a PS2 game to a PS3 game is just idiotic.  Have any of you even played the game, honestly?  I know I haven't.  Likewise, no one has seen in-game footage of the new game.  Red Steel 2 will be on the same system as Red Steel 1 was, albeit it will not be a launch title.   I won't flame on this game even though the first one sucked, so try not to do the same to Killzone before E3 (that's only 4 or so weeks).

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

akuma587 said:
gorgepir said:
SleepWaking said:
ckmlb said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
ckmlb said:

It's just that I find absolute comments like that funny. You don't really know your mind won't change. You just know what you plan right now.

Do you think ahead of time that you will be buying a sequel to a crappy game? Unless there is a huge change in the game (not likely) then I am positive I won't get this.

I predict Nintendo people will try to tell me that it's a great game, but they are literally the only people who think that.

Spot on. Sony fanboys try to hype Killzone2 without even seeing ingame footage. For me as an outsider I see the whole thing as the same case. Red Steel was meh to me although it was a million seller but I could see why a well planned sequel could be successful. Killzone2 is the same. Just take a look at all the hype they give to killzone2 not even seeing an actual ingame picture in various boards. Yeah the E3 footage was great, but nothing was shown about the game. Just like cklmb said, sony people will try to say that it's a great game, but literally they are the only one who think so.

I would rather wait when the games come out and then talk about them. Unless there is a specific game that has nostalogic appealings.

Comparing a PS2 game to a PS3 game is just idiotic. Have any of you even played the game, honestly? I know I haven't. Likewise, no one has seen in-game footage of the new game. Red Steel 2 will be on the same system as Red Steel 1 was, albeit it will not be a launch title. I won't flame on this game even though the first one sucked, so try not to do the same to Killzone before E3 (that's only 4 or so weeks).

Yes i did play the original killzone and was really meh. I did not see a response to any of the points I made. If you read my post you would have noticed that I said I would rather wait when the games come out. And don't try to threat me by flaming! Hehe. 

I do agree that everyone has to wait until the game is shown to hype about it. That was the whole point in my post. Sorry to see you couldnt get it. Oh by the way, I didn't compare the two games, you must have misread my post or read what you liked to.

gorgepir said:
redspear said:
ckmlb said:
It turned out false. Still not officially confirmed:

http://kotaku.com/gaming/steely-denial/red-steel-2-internet-says-oui-ubi-says-non-272962.php

Publisher Ubisoft later denied that the follow up has been officially confirmed.

CKMLB,

the announcement may be be false but they are making redsteel 2 right now . This is one thing I know for a fact.

Outside of that anyone here rememrb when Assasins Creed was not going to be on the 360?

You seem to contradict yourself here. How can the announcement be false but at the same time we know that they are making redsteel 2 for a fact? It is just a speculation, a good assumption at best.

Guess we will just have to wait for an official announcement. 

Easy I was talking to someone who works at Ubisoft this weekend and the subject came up. Nothing to do with the announcement.

Around the Network

There is a possibility of the game being released, as Ubi has not officially confirmed that it wasn't going to come out. I personally don't care either way, since I'm not going to get this game.

If its a good game, I'll get it. Preeeetty simple.

They better make a Red Steel 2, and they better make it better than the original.

Red Steel was OKAY, the main problem I had with the game is that I felt I was always turning WAY TOO SLOW.

Multiplayer was also okay, but I would have loved a more robust multiplayer instead of just four levels, and the fact that you still turn slow just like the single player mode.

Here's to hoping the second Red Steel is a great improvement.

SleepWaking said:
ckmlb said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
ckmlb said:

Damn, beaten by a lot.  I know you aren't going around cklmb saying Killzone 2 will be the second coming, but there are definately a decent amount of people thinking that about Killzone 2.  Personally, I'm not excited about Red Steel 2.  If it does turn out to be good I might give it a try but it wouldn't be a game I'll hold my breathe for.  I'm hoping they make it better since they have time and have come out and admitted that their previous Wii games were crap and rushed, but I'll wait until I see a good game with my own eyes.

akuma587 said:
gorgepir said:
SleepWaking said:
ckmlb said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
ckmlb said:

Comparing a PS2 game to a PS3 game is just idiotic. Have any of you even played the game, honestly? I know I haven't. Likewise, no one has seen in-game footage of the new game. Red Steel 2 will be on the same system as Red Steel 1 was, albeit it will not be a launch title. I won't flame on this game even though the first one sucked, so try not to do the same to Killzone before E3 (that's only 4 or so weeks).

By your logic you shouldn't be excited about MGS4, FFXIII, GTAIV, ect.  since those were all PS2 games.