By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Redsteel 2 officially announced? Oh great

http://gonintendo.com/?p=20340

RedSteal your money right out of your pocket.

I am WEEzY. You can suck my Nintendo loving BALLS!

MynameisGARY

Around the Network

I'm happy about this. I liked Red Steel alot, despite it's problems. If this one has much better sword fitting, and a big better game all around I'll be thrilled. I was hoping though this franchise could become slightly more adventure oriented. The parts where you just walk around the dojo and such were cool and reminded me of playing Shenmue, if they added scenes where you walked around and gathered info on someone that would be really cool. but I don't think it'll happen.

Well it's already guaranteed to have gotten rid of the first one's largest flaw; Launchitis.

Ubisoft has already showed that they don't mind putting in the money and effort for Red Steel. It'll be interesting to see what happens when they can also put in time. 

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

I had a lot of fun with Red Steel as well, and considering that Ubi had MAYBE 5 months with an ACTUAL devkit, I think they did a fine job.

I'm hoping RS2 has online multiplayer. I've wanted online FPS action with a Wiimote for a while now...

"I mean, c'mon, Viva Pinata, a game with massive marketing, didn't sell worth a damn to the "sophisticated" 360 audience, despite near-universal praise--is that a sign that 360 owners are a bunch of casual ignoramuses that can't get their heads around a 'gardening' sim? Of course not. So let's please stop trying to micro-analyze one game out of hundreds and using it as the poster child for why good, non-1st party, games can't sell on Wii. (Everyone frequenting this site knows this is nonsense, and yet some of you just can't let it go because it's the only scab you have left to pick at after all your other "Wii will phail1!!1" straw men arguments have been put to the torch.)" - exindguy on Boom Blocks

As Long as I can finally pull of an Indiana Jones on the guys with swords, I might give this one another shot.

I like the sword fighting idea a lot...but I'm not to keen on how *cough*"realistic" it is that suddenly the armory I'm carrying on my back won't work when some shmuck pulls out his baseball bat or sword.

"There are three types of lies : Lies, damned lies, and statistics." - Benjamin Disraeli ( Made famous by Mark Twain )

PSN ID: DeviantPathways

Wii Number: 0081 3044 1559 2355

Around the Network

Yeah. Red Steel was great for a launch title for the Wii. It was flawed, but good overall.

It is rumored that RS2 WILL have online multiplayer, because there was a flyer stating that Ubisoft was looking for people who were experienced with online to develop Red Steel 2.

As well as online i hope it has co-op.

I think that Ubisoft will probably be able to use the Wii Remote better now, simply because they have more experience with it. The first one was a launch title after all.

I'm excited for it as well...I wnjoyed the first but hope your life doesn't come back so quickly...and hope that sword fighting is better done! I think the graphics (besides the people) were very well done.

My money will stay firmly in my pocket in regards to this game.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!