By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - EA says: Boom Blox Approaching 500k Sold

the game was adjusted up, from 0.29 to 0.36

Around the Network

seems like a lock for 500k, that's actually quite solid.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

Not too bad--considering no one I know that doesn't frequent game forums has ever heard of it. It's a fun game, it deserves good sales.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
Zucas said:
ItsaMii said:
HappySqurriel said:

Solid profits and meeting publisher's expectations ... "Flop" confirmed!

Go to this thread and read your 1st post:

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=30009

Pure ownage.  Sarcastic gamer is crying now haha.

I mean HappySqurriel 1st post:

"What bugs me about most of these threads is that people who are so negative about a Wii game are never around 6 months later when it has sold to the high end of where most realistic expectations for the game were ..."

Satan said:

"You are for ever angry, all you care about is intelligence, but I repeat again that I would give away all this superstellar life, all the ranks and honours, simply to be transformed into the soul of a merchant's wife weighing eighteen stone and set candles at God's shrine."

Well, 500k appears to be a lock and 750k isn't impossible with it's first holiday season coming up.

Honestly I don't know that I would rule out 1m completely, although that is a much longer shot. If Boom Blox turns into one of those holiday sales giants that just does a good job of grabbing the eye of parents it could easily surprise some folks, but that is by no means a done deal.

To Each Man, Responsibility
Around the Network
Sqrl said:

Well, 500k appears to be a lock and 750k isn't impossible with it's first holiday season coming up.

Honestly I don't know that I would rule out 1m completely, although that is a much longer shot. If Boom Blox turns into one of those holiday sales giants that just does a good job of grabbing the eye of parents it could easily surprise some folks, but that is by no means a done deal.

While you're probably right about the game not making platinum, Riticello seems to be incredibly optimistic about this game's prospects, so it's chances are likely stronger than we think. If you think about it, this isn't as surprising as it was at first blush: EA expected it to have a slow burn cycle (and it has), EA published games like Boogie, My Sims and Smarty Pants which have also snuck their way up to massive sales, and Riticello is already contemplating a sequel. All in all, I'm beginning to think that 750k is too conservative, to tell you the truth, although 1 million still seems too high to me for some reason.

noname2200 said:
Sqrl said:

While you're probably right about the game not making platinum, Riticello seems to be incredibly optimistic about this game's prospects, so it's chances are likely stronger than we think. If you think about it, this isn't as surprising as it was at first blush: EA expected it to have a slow burn cycle (and it has), EA published games like Boogie, My Sims and Smarty Pants which have also snuck their way up to massive sales, and Riticello is already contemplating a sequel. All in all, I'm beginning to think that 750k is too conservative, to tell you the truth, although 1 million still seems too high to me for some reason.

1 million is still possible

Pretendo said:
noname2200 said:
Sqrl said:

1 million is still possible

Granted, and much of what I wrote was leaning in that direction. It's just for some reason that doesn't sound right to me: maybe it's the natural pessimism, maybe it's that I want to have low expectations for the title so I can be pleasantly surprised, but for some reason it still feels high, if that makes any sense.

Congratz to Boom Blox! As long as it met expectations' it's a success! 360k and it hasn't slumped considerably in sales yet. The Wii 3rd party sales argument is dying fast.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

Good sales. There has been quite a bit of adjusting today.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.