By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii: No kidding ourselves, what are you really looking forward to getting.

A hard drive for the DS and Wii

Around the Network

No particular order:

Animal Crossing: City Folk: I've always loved this series since its' inception, and the ability to auction items around the world is AWESOME!

The Conduit: The way they give motion-sensing functions to pretty much every gun (outside of simply aiming) looks awesome also.

Clone Wars and Force Unleashed: Needs no explanation

Fatal Frame IV: That trailer scared the shit out of me. 'Nuff said.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
Snesboy said:

The Conduit - I love FPSes and this one looks like my next Halo.
MadWorld - Ultra-violent and stylish, like No More Heroes
Dead Rising: CtyD - Zombies + RE4 engine = win
Guitar Hero IV - More of a good thing. I need a second guitar!

EDIT

I also want to pick up Gyrostarr for WiiWare because I love futuristic racers.

Gyrostarr is a shmup.

Fatal Frame IV - I really like the series, I loved the trailer and I'm an enthusiast of Suda 51's work.

Animal Crossing - I like the game, I have a lot of friends who play and I will get to play it with my girlfriend online when I go away for grad school.

Tales of Symphonia 2 - Huge Tales of fan, loved the first one on the Game Cube.

Guitar Hero: World Tour - I don't have Rock Band and I'm dying to get this.

Star Wars: Lightsaber Duels - LIGHTSABER DUELS!

I coud go on, but we were supposed to stick with 5 games, so I did just that. Also, I chose to focus on games that will come out this year.

Star Wars the force unleashed / Star Wars the clone Wars: WiiMote + Star wars... always a must buy for me =O)

Tales of Symphonia great series, and seems to be a great game =) i love RPGs so this is another must buy

Little King's Story Not getting a lot of hype but i like the concept of this game. I like all the games were you build/create something si I'm looking forward to build a great kingdom =P

Monster Lab. This game involves a lot of things that i like... creating your own stuff, collecting the materials, trading your finished stuff, etc... with online battles, awesome =O)

Fatal Frame 4 looks well, and i need some horror games on my Wii :)

carlos710 - Capitán Primero: Nintendo Defense Force

"Wii are legion, for Wii are many"

Around the Network

Megaman 9 - I am hoping for a quality like MEgaman 2 'one of the best games ever'

Star Wars - I am still hoping for a good light saber game

Resident Evil 5 - Arguably Wii is the best platform for this series.

Kid Icarus - I just love this character.

The Conduit - Could rival Halo ON THE WII?

Wii Code: 4819-7684-2396-4558

I'm just listing game for the rest of the year here.

NHL 2K9 - I'm Canadian...

Tiger Woods 09 - Love TW07 but takes too long to play, if 09 allows for shorter sessions plus better controls & online I'm getting it.
If not...
Sam & Max Season One - Love them old school & quirky games

Force Unleashed - Dual mode looks like great fun - too bad it's not online.

Shawn White Snowboard - Looks like fun on the balance board but I'll wait for reviews

Dead Rising - If beating on zombies is as fun as viseral as smacking people around was in Godfather - this is a MUST have.

Sqrl said:
steven787 said:

Oh BTW, I disagree with the bolded parts, the thread isn't really about that though so I won't derail things, I just wanted to make it known that as a Wii gamer I reject this line of thinking.

I'll second this, but to each his own, I suppose. Since we only get five, I'll stick to what's coming this year.

Little King's Story: It's got an amazing pedigree, it has a deliberate quirkiness that I find appealing, gameplay seems to be a cross between Pikmin and Harvest Moon (two of my favorites), and every time I learn more details I only get more intrigued.

Guitar Hero: World Tour: I love Guitar Hero, and this one sounds like it's going to be the best one yet. Mind you, I'll only be playing the guitar/bass parts, but even then it really looks like fun.

Fatal Frame IV: I've played a lot of survival horror games, and this is the only one that's consistently creeped me out. This one is looking especially nice, although the fact that the flashlight isn't controlled by IR does annoy me a bit.

Dead Rising: Chop 'Til You Drop: An example of a survival horror that isn't particularly horrific, I plunked hours into the 360 version, and still never got enough. The fact that they're revamping the save system and giving us more time to just play around really makes me happy, although I'm still curious as to how many zombies we'll se onscreen at once.

Call of Duty: World at War: Yes, it's a tired genre which has seen too many releases these past few years, but playing FPS games on the Wii is actually still fun for some reason. The fact that it's essentially the same game as its HD counterparts only increasing my desire to play it.

I'm happy to see some other MH fans in here!

OMG. I just noticed I didn't say what I meant right in the OP and that's what sqrl was talking about... I looked at it a bunch of times and didn't see it till just now. Sorry.

This is what I meant to say.

Everytime we talk about what games we're looking forward to on Wii, we always list a bunch of games that any sane person knows will not be as many "top-notch" type games of the traditional sort that were the standard of last generation by any core/long-time gamers standards.

Let's face it, we are not getting the same number of those traditional core titles.

As in I look forward to all the innovative things and traditional games Wii is getting but it will be lacking the quantity of "brown space marine/army guy v. aliens/zombie games".

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.