By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii: No kidding ourselves, what are you really looking forward to getting.

Ok, here's the deal:

Edited for Clarity.

Everytime we talk about what games we're looking forward to on Wii, we always list a bunch of games that any sane person knows will not be as many "top-notch" type games of the traditional sort that were the standard of last generation by any core/long-time gamers standards.

Let's face it, we are not getting the same number of those traditional core titles.

We are getting a bunch of innovative things.  Retro games, new ways to play, etc.

As Wii owners what are you really looking forward to and why?

Rules:

This is not about listing, please post some thoughtful comments about what you are looking forward to and why.

List upto 5 games, no 30 game copy/pastes of release lists.

This is not the thread to talk about what you do not like.

I'll post my thoughts, later.  I do not want to influence opinion or cause everyone to argue my opinion.  I just want to you to post, read, and discuss with out causing everybody to focus on what I think.

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.

Around the Network

Now this is a thread I love to see. :D

Fragile
Tales of Symphonia 2
Madworld
Fatal Frame IV
Wario: Shake

Fragile just has an amazing artstyle.
ToS was one of my favorite JRPGs ever, and 2 brings back that magic I hope.
Madworld is made by one of my favorite developers.
Fatal Frame is freakin' awesome, no doubt about that.
I love 2d sidescrollers, lol.

I left out the multiplats, GHIV and CoD5 are two of my most anticipated titles. :P

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

I am not sure, if I understand you right, but I will list the things I am looking forward (in no particular order) and the reasons.

1. Wii Music: I think that the E3 presentation showed only one aspect of this great game. I think I will get this game just for the drum lessons. And I am pretty sure, that Nintendo put much more intresting things in there.

2. Monster Hunter 3: I heard much good things about the first parts on the capcom forum. However I never had a playstation, so I couldn't play those. I really hope that capcom makes a good Wii Version.

3. Deadly Creatures: I think playing as scorpion or tarantel will be absolutely cool. I still don't know how the controls will work, but I think this will be an awesome game.

4. The Conduit: I don't expect much of this one. I think it will just be a generic shooter. However, I want to play exactly this. A generic FPS with the best FPS-controls possible right now. (I haven't touched an analog controlled FPS since Red Steel.)

5. Tales of Symphonia 2: I really loved the first part of this game. It was cool to play a RPG with up to three friends at the same time on the gamecube. I hope that the second part will give me the same feeling.

1. Little King's Story - because the name sounds like LittleBigPlanet. I kid, I kid. :P

This game interests me for a number of reasons. Overall, it seems like a combination of Sim City and Age of Empires, but in a much more simplistic form. Instead of governing a large body of people, you govern what is essentially a small town, full of characters that seem as interesting an awesome as those in Majora's Mask.

You get all of this, wrapped in a unique style with tons of personality. It just looks awesome.

2. Mad World - because it's being made by Platinum Games!

Of course, that's only part of the equation. This game just looks badass in so many ways. The artstyle is really unique as well.

Around the Network

Mario Tennis
Mario Golf
Zelda
Animal Crossing City Folk
Wario Shake

Hentai_11, you're fine. I just mean to exclude trolls by making the topic very specific, that way I have justification to report.

I want to know because, and I'm guessing other people do too, what we are planning on getting (not some fantasy list) and why.

The limit is to keep it manageable and thoughtful.

I'm still thinking, by the way.

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.

Ok, my 5 games:

1. Castlevania Judgment: I'm a Castlevania and Fighting games fan, so this was easy, but anyway I'm happy Konami is doing something different with the franchise and not the same old castlevania.

2. Megaman 9: I need to explain why?

3. Fatal Frame 4: Never played it but the games looks awesome and is exactly the kind of games Wii needs.

4. Wario Shake: The return of 2D platforms on consoles, this game looks gorgeous.

5. Order Up!: Yes! I don't know why but I'm interested in playing this game, it looks fun and I've never played something like Cooking Mama, so I'm curious about it.

Edit:

This is my top 5 for this year, that's why I didn't mention The Conduit.

Castlevania Judgment FC:     1161 - 3389 - 1512

3DS Friend Code:   3480-2746-6289

Wii Friend Code: 4268-9719-1932-3069

Im unsure about SSBB. I loved the original, but I lack time to play my Wii as it is. But then everyone says its AWESOME. But I'm a mainly offline gamer, and apparently this title isn't that suited to offline.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

1) Force Unleashed - I am a big star wars fan and enjoy almost all star wars games, I can't wait to see how the force powers work with the wiimote & nun chuck.

2) Madden 09 - I have held of buying a madden game so far although I almost got 08. It's been a long time since I had a madden game, in fact I think the last madden game I had was 94' that's right 1994. Some of the new features like the instant play changing sounds cool.

3) Skate (or skate it, I can remember ) I have the balance board and I have to try it out if they can pull this of as well as it looks so far it will lead to some great things down the road and I want to be with the first wave to try it out.