By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft’s Mattrick: When I said we’d win, I meant it”

whatever said:
reask said:
whatever said:
reask said:
megaman2 said:
They have made a bold statement when they have said that they wil overtake the ps3 worlwide, do I thinks its possible no simply because the ps3 has overtaking the xbox 360 in Europe, and the xbox 360 has no presence in Japan. And in America its a dog fight between the consoles, with the 360 ahead.

Without doubt the xbox 360 have the best games because of their one-year head start but they should focus their time on fixing the hardware problems, from what I undestand the problems are not fixed and they keep releasing new xbox 360 models which still have the same hardware problems, and for that reason I thinks the xbox 360 overtaking the ps3 worldwide sounds to ambitious, and in the end wont happen the ps3 is more value for money.

ms dispute that actually heres part of his interview.

The other thing we know is Sony's given guidance and said their goal is to create ten million units this coming year. Needless to say, our aspiration is to do more. We also know we have a volume lead both in Europe and North America, and with that volume lead in the aggregate, when you add in Japan, is larger than Sony's.

Like I said, M$ will just deny it.

well who do you believe ms or sony.

both are spinning.

I believe VGC.

http://vgchartz.com/hwcomps.php?cons1=Wii®1=Europe&cons2=PS3®2=Europe&cons3=X360®3=Europe&start=39040&end=39649&weekly=1

I stand to be corrected here but as far as I know the only official chart tracker is in the uk.

the rest of europe do not have it.

the name of the company escapes me at the moment.

As I said I stand to be corrected.

Around the Network

well we will have to see the numbers next week but i know the numbers from e3 week has the 360 gaining once again on the ps3. coudl the FF13 announcment have alot ot do with it in NA and others?? and with the 360 gaining ground in japan in sales recently could this be the turnaroudn they need to get competative again in japan. we can only wait and see.

dick cheney loves me, he wants to take me hunting

mkwii code- 1977-0565-0049

I wish people wouldnt use FF13 as the reason the 360 has seen an increase in sales. Its not out for another 18 months or so!

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

Not going to happen. Though PS3 has lost 2 of its big hitters (MGS 4 and XIII (though that will still drive sales in Japan), it still has several more, and I think that PS3 has better games coming, and it is still overly expensive. PS3 will beat 360

It's the same guy who said

"So that's what we're going to do and I think we're smart. I had so many people come to me and say 'look at that, that's a measure of growth and maturity of Microsoft - the fact that you have the best show, the best collection of products and you didn't even have to show Halo'."

Enough said

Around the Network

How could they come to this conclusion. I mean, they are doing great, honestly, imo, compared to last gen, but great 3rd party support does not equal sales greater than the PS3.

However, remember guys, Kaz or some sony guy said the PS3 would outsell the PS2, and I believe he said it'd beat the Wii.

360 has a better chance of outselling the PS3 than the PS3 does of outselling the Wii.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

I didn't know that Microsoft did comedy. Next thing you know they'll start joking about how Avatars were an original idea and how they have the best 2008 lineup.

PSN ID: ChosenOne feel free to add me

ZenfoldorVGI said:
How could they come to this conclusion. I mean, they are doing great, honestly, imo, compared to last gen, but great 3rd party support does not equal sales greater than the PS3.

However, remember guys, Kaz or some sony guy said the PS3 would outsell the PS2, and I believe he said it'd beat the Wii.

360 has a better chance of outselling the PS3 than the PS3 does of outselling the Wii.

I would say there thinking long term look at ps2 still selling well.

no reason with the 360 library it wont do the same.

just my toughts.

Wasn't MS the ones who ripped Sony a new ass hole for making "hollow promises" and ranted how they don't do that....

whatever said:
reask said:
whatever said:
reask said:
megaman2 said:
They have made a bold statement when they have said that they wil overtake the ps3 worlwide, do I thinks its possible no simply because the ps3 has overtaking the xbox 360 in Europe, and the xbox 360 has no presence in Japan. And in America its a dog fight between the consoles, with the 360 ahead.

Without doubt the xbox 360 have the best games because of their one-year head start but they should focus their time on fixing the hardware problems, from what I undestand the problems are not fixed and they keep releasing new xbox 360 models which still have the same hardware problems, and for that reason I thinks the xbox 360 overtaking the ps3 worldwide sounds to ambitious, and in the end wont happen the ps3 is more value for money.

ms dispute that actually heres part of his interview.

The other thing we know is Sony's given guidance and said their goal is to create ten million units this coming year. Needless to say, our aspiration is to do more. We also know we have a volume lead both in Europe and North America, and with that volume lead in the aggregate, when you add in Japan, is larger than Sony's.

Like I said, M$ will just deny it.

well who do you believe ms or sony.

both are spinning.

I believe VGC.

http://vgchartz.com/hwcomps.php?cons1=Wii&reg1=Europe&cons2=PS3&reg2=Europe&cons3=X360&reg3=Europe&start=39040&end=39649&weekly=1

Well then belive this http://vgchartz.com/hwcomps.php?cons1=Wii&reg1=America&cons2=PS3&reg2=America&cons3=X360&reg3=America&start=39040&end=39649&weekly=1