By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft’s Mattrick: When I said we’d win, I meant it”

I suspect those comments have something more concrete to back them up, and we will see that at Leipzig. Probably after Microsoft announces that they purchased ten high level exclusives for their platform. Microsoft spent a lot of money this quarter on something. I suspect that they probably offered enough to get exclusive Resident Evil, Silent Hill, Final Fantasy Versus, Knights of the Old Republic 3, Mass Effect 2, Bioshock 2, and a few others.

Now if that is the case then he might be very well justified in his statements. Would be interesting to see if Microsoft spread their cash in a heavy handed way for exclusive rights to the more highly anticipated multiplatform titles.

Around the Network
Dodece said:
I suspect those comments have something more concrete to back them up, and we will see that at Leipzig. Probably after Microsoft announces that they purchased ten high level exclusives for their platform. Microsoft spent a lot of money this quarter on something. I suspect that they probably offered enough to get exclusive Resident Evil, Silent Hill, Final Fantasy Versus, Knights of the Old Republic 3, Mass Effect 2, Bioshock 2, and a few others.

Now if that is the case then he might be very well justified in his statements. Would be interesting to see if Microsoft spread their cash in a heavy handed way for exclusive rights to the more highly anticipated multiplatform titles

The facts and figures are against his prediction. They never have anything to back them up for exemple Kaz comments about PS3 to sell 150 million.

Big words for someone ho had 1 year headstart and has been loosing ground almost every week this last six months.

And, can someone explain to me what volume lead do they have in Europe?

End of Year prediction:

wii: 37 m

360: 24 m

PS3: 20 m

If they can back it up, I will buy a Zune.

But money can only talk so much. Money can't get you everything and it sure can't get you a sure fire win.

Hope they have something up their sleeves.

• 2010 MUST Haves: WKC, Heavy Rain, GoWIII, Fable III, Mass Effect 2, Bayonetta, Darksiders, FFXIII, Alan Wake, No More Heroes 2, Fragile Dreams: FRotM, Trinity: SoZ, BFBC2.
  • Older Need To Buys: Super Mario Bros. Wii, Mario Kart Wii, Deadspace, Demon's Souls, Uncharted 2.

There is definitely more to list that I want, but that's my main focus there.

First to ten million. Also first to launch. Aside from that, first system to have a 33 percent failure rate (allegedly.

Highest rated games. Most 90 + above games on Metacritic. Aside from that, most of the 90+ games are also available on PC.

They didn't mention Japan, and they also didn't mention how PS3 > 360 in Europe. Where are Microsoft getting their numbers from?

Do they not see NPD every month? Weird.

Around the Network

For me to change my stance that the PS3 will pass the 360 by the end of next year I would have to see a sustained weekly lead by 360 over that of the PS3 in NA and Others. So far, its been PS3 always winning in Others and almost always winning in NA.

Granted, this week 360 topped PS3 WW, but that is obviously a side affect of the clearance priced 20gb models. Once those are gone, I suspect 360 NA sales to drop by 1/2 back to their previous levels. Unless they do another full line price drop in say, October. Then they could lead through the big holiday months. Obviously, Sony could counter with their own price cut, but, I don't think they will this year.

Well best of luck to them :) Hey if anything 360 gamers benefit from they're efforts to beat out the Sony brand ^^ You guys get a ton of games out of the deal :P

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.

Meh... if that's what he wants to believe... The Xbox360 has trouble finding its place in non-english countries.

How many cups of darkness have I drank over the years? Even I don't know...

Dodece said:

Now if that is the case then he might be very well justified in his statements. Would be interesting to see if Microsoft spread their cash in a heavy handed way for exclusive rights to the more highly anticipated multiplatform titles.

The only Resident Evil that will matter this gen is RE5 and that already has a release date. Versus XIII is so far into the future that even if it went 360 exclusive it wouldn't matter as the console war would be over. Silent Hill does not move systems, nor does it even do that great in software sales. Mass Effect & Bioshock have been and gone and had no effect on the PS3.

There is nothing MS can do, no game that can save them. They are throwing their last card now with the price drop.

Christ. He's "elated with what [they've] achieved in Japan." Mattrick needs to be committed somewhere.