By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - MS :Sony and Nintendo have been slacking off ,,we have been innovating

This just in: M$ secures exclusive rights to the usage of the word "innovate". No word yet on whether it's a timed-exclusive, but for the time being no other company is allowed to claim they innovate except for M$.

Around the Network
ManusJustus said:

I will try to bring knowledge to you, but your small head will make it difficult.

1. All companies do this.  Sony copied from its competitors and threw money around and muscled away the competition when they entered the market (stole Final Fantasy series), just as Nintendo before it (forced thrid party developers to not develop for other consoles).

2. I would hope he would sound like a fanboy since he works for Microsoft.  If he didnt say anything that wasn't super optimisitc to the public then he shouldnt have a high rankin position, same goes for all other consoles as well.

All companies may learn from their competitors, but they don't tend to call it innovation unless they truely are expanding on the ideas in a new and meaningful way.  Otherwise, it's generally called playing catch-up.  Spouting off that they're innovating whether the horses' mouth is a fanboy and/or employee doesn't make it so and is no excuse for being totally oblivious.

Is it just me or is it MS does a lot more shit talk this gen than their competitors?

How is the netflix deal innovative? The tech to do it has been around forever. A good business decision, but hardly innovative.

1:1 motion control was the ONLY real innovation shown at E3.

Their innovating... and the other two are not? What a total spinoff

Wii Code: 4819-7684-2396-4558

Around the Network
steven787 said:
Methodology can be innovation. (Methodology of theft)

Bingo. And lol at starcraft from bringing up XBL when talking about "innovation" at E3 2008. What did M$ do at E3 other than, once again, instead of getting new games, make others multiplatform by tossing checks around?

Innovation??? So me taking a shit after I see the next guy taking a shit means am being innovative??? AWESOME! This gaming industry thing is easy!!!

4 ≈ One

starcraft said:
The main innovation of MS is Live, and all the online innovations surrounding it.

Sony hasn't done anything innovative this generation, whereas Nintendo has clearly owned it.

Sony has provided innovative games like Patapon for core gamers, I haven't seen any new core games from Nintendo this generation.

My favorite quote:

“Of course I'm going to be biased, but so far what I've heard is that Sony and Nintendo have disappointed. And Microsoft has been leading, innovating and driving a very comprehensive global programme.”

So he does not know what the others said in their presentations but rather is receiving "reports" on them.

Come on!

Microsoft can make a good case for stuff and make a good case for its E3 lineup. But to say you don't know what the competition is doing but you heard it sucked is just lame.

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

I take it this is the same definition of "innovation" that Microsoft has used while holding back the entire personal computing industry for 20 years?

Complexity is not depth. Machismo is not maturity. Obsession is not dedication. Tedium is not challenge. Support gaming: support the Wii.

Be the ultimate ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today! Poisson Village welcomes new players.

What do I hate about modern gaming? I hate tedium replacing challenge, complexity replacing depth, and domination replacing entertainment. I hate the outsourcing of mechanics to physics textbooks, art direction to photocopiers, and story to cheap Hollywood screenwriters. I hate the confusion of obsession with dedication, style with substance, new with gimmicky, old with obsolete, new with evolutionary, and old with time-tested.
There is much to hate about modern gaming. That is why I support the Wii.