By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Lets agree on standardised pricing and feature sets for PS3/360 comparisons

Ok im heading to bed ill do the rest tomorrow - if you want me to add anything just mention it in the thread and i'll do it next time I log in.

The tables being a butthead and its losing the right hand side all the time.

Tease.

Around the Network
Morgyn said:

wards compatibility, without the same for the 360.

Theres 465 games in that list, wikipedia lists 949 games for the 360. So that gives a backwards compatibility percentage of 49%.

The PS3 backwards list isn't in one single list and I'm too lazy too go grab each page, as each letter has multiple pages.

Backwards compatibility for the 360 is now listed as "Most" in the list.  "Most" would imply that it is >50%. 

"Most" should be changd to "Most not compatible" or "Select Titles Compatible"

I have a logitech play link wireless bridge. It is a bit slower than the Dlink or the Official MS one, but it works fine. It was $20 plus shipping. I can't seem to find one any more so they may be discontinued.

I hate trolls.

Systems I currently own:  360, PS3, Wii, DS Lite (2)
Systems I've owned: PS2, PS1, Dreamcast, Saturn, 3DO, Genesis, Gamecube, N64, SNES, NES, GBA, GB, C64, Amiga, Atari 2600 and 5200, Sega Game Gear, Vectrex, Intellivision, Pong.  Yes, Pong.

OK, I'm back those are some nice charts, I have to take a closer look... I'm going to bed.

Geldorn said:

BTW, your dollar prices for the Eurozone are off a tad ;)
(Per xe.net:)

€199 = ~$310
€269 = ~$420
€369 = ~$580
€399 = ~$625

(All rounded to nearest ten, err, five dollars)

The above Euro prices are the Aussie prices not the conversion.

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.

"- 20gb - $60 used gamestop - $100 shipped newegg."

Used??? Why not putting used controllers, used wifi adapters and so on then?

I don't think it should be there.
"- 20gb - $100 shipped newegg."

"- 60gb with headset and 3 months live $99 (Coming soon)"
Coming soon?? Hummm... ok... not so fair but ok... it will soon be fair.

"*Official HDMI cables - $50 - Xbox360, $80 PS3 or $15 generic"

From amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/Playstation-HDMI-Cable-USB/dp/B000VTX0PW/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1216909859&sr=1-5

53$ for an official PS3 HDMI Cable + USB Cable.

Anyway, you can find a generic for a few bucks.

"- Qore: $25 per 12 months/13 episodes."

What is Qore doing here? is it to compare it with Live? it has nothing to compare with Live, it's not even available WW.

You know the 360 better than the PS3, for sure. I hope that's the only reason it looks biaised.

Hope it will get better after you edit it.

They will know Helgan belongs to Helghasts

Around the Network

- Qore: $25 per 12 months/13 episodes.

Online Magazine, which has an exclusives demos. Just like any paper magazine can get an exclsuive demo on a DISC bundled.

elite x360 is 425$ on amazon..)

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

why would you include Qore? isn't it basically a magazine? like would u include subscription to an Xbox fan magazine? And Qore has incentives of its own like giving invites for closed betas of upcoming games...

as well, why wouldn't you include or care about blu-ray? Didn't it actually win the format war? aren't all movies getting released in high def on blu-ray? If I had a blu-ray player, I would probably stop buying standard def movies all together.

It's really just typical kiddie talk... like when you don't have the toy of your friend, you say... "I never liked that toy anyway! it's crap!"... while you secretly envy it.

Squilliam -1

I am a Gamer... I play games and not consoles. I have a PC and Console on which I game... I like games. End of Story!

The 360's cheaper. Woot.
The PS3 won't die after 5 months of play. Double woot.

I have a question how many people here use wireless for multiplayer online gaming?

i feel its one of those features thats tacked on but ads no real usable value, and should only be in mobile gaming platforms

I will admit i tried it, but the latence always seemed so bad no matter how i modified the connection that ethernet has stayed my preferred method.

also why dont we add the wii, and the price to get it up to 4 players with the remote nunchuck and that new gyro prat anounced at e3

come play minecraft @  mcg.hansrotech.com

minecraft name: hansrotec

XBL name: Goddog

i use wifi to play online... never noticed any latence, but I might be wrong. It's ok for my use.

They will know Helgan belongs to Helghasts