By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Lets agree on standardised pricing and feature sets for PS3/360 comparisons

WiiStation360 said:
Good start, but you should make it less 360 biased, if you expect people not to complain and actually use it.

- remove Qore. It looks like you are trying to compare it to Live. - I might later, when I find out what it is exactly.
- Just list retail prices. List cheaper deals in a later section. (see live) Its for people asking (Xbox360 or PS3) so of course we'll tell them to get the best deal
- You list the cheaper newegg price for the 360 controller, but not the PS3 controller? Gamestop was cheaper... LOL
- Add retail prices for Xbox hard drives $99 60Gb - I should add the 120 as well.
- Add price for PS3 headset Good point.
- Remove the D-Link adapter is faster than PS3 comment. It is but oooook.

Tease.

Around the Network
Squilliam said:
WiiStation360 said:
- You list the cheaper newegg price for the 360 controller, but not the PS3 controller? Gamestop was cheaper... LOL

PS3 Dual Shock

D-Link adapter is only faster if you use it with a D-link access point that supports 2x, its not a standard.

Put that the PS3 supports gigabit ethernet, while the 360 supports 100mbit, they ARE standards.
Why isn't the cost of network gaming in a column?
Qore is just a magazine, why is it mentioned?
Why give a guestamate percentage for the ps3 backwards compatibility, without the same for the 360.

Theres 465 games in that list, wikipedia lists 949 games for the 360. So that gives a backwards compatibility percentage of 49%.

The PS3 backwards list isn't in one single list and I'm too lazy too go grab each page, as each letter has multiple pages.

WiiStation360 said:
Squilliam said:
WiiStation360 said:

PS3 Dual Shock

Woops - I got it wrong, I think I misread the discount for the shipping cost! xD My bad...

Thanks so much.

Tease.

Morgyn said:
D-Link adapter is only faster if you use it with a D-link access point that supports 2x, its not a standard.

Put that the PS3 supports gigabit ethernet, while the 360 supports 100mbit, they ARE standards.
Why isn't the cost of network gaming in a column?
Qore is just a magazine, why is it mentioned?
Why give a guestamate percentage for the ps3 backwards compatibility, without the same for the 360.

Qore is a placeholder - it'll probably go later, I just want to find out what it is first/how it compares to live or doesn't..

Ok - Gigabit Ethernet, yep will do it now.

Ok - fiddling the charts to see if I can fit online.

Well compatibility percentage on the PS3 is just a placeholder - until I can find a link that tells me exactly what the percentage/list of compatible games. If someone has that could they send it via PM or post it here so I can add it.

Tease.

Around the Network

I'm not sure on the BC percentage of PS3's, but the EU 60GB one (which has the 80GB American BC in it) seems to play pretty much everything I own (~50 PS2 games, one or two don't work). I should check though - SSX tricky didn't work when I first bought it, perhaps it works now.

(One can only hope :P)

I've not recently checked the Xbox 360's BC because I sold/gave away all my Xbox 1 titles that didn't work a few months back.

I bought a generic HDMI cable for 11€

I guess it can be found even cheaper.

Warning for some people outhere, golden connectics for HDMI change nothing except the price. Golden connectics is good for analogic signal, does nothing for numeric signal.

The HDMI column should be named HDMI cable (bundled).

They will know Helgan belongs to Helghasts

BTW, your dollar prices for the Eurozone are off a tad ;)
(Per xe.net:)

€199 = ~$310
€269 = ~$420
€369 = ~$580
€399 = ~$625

(All rounded to nearest ten, err, five dollars)

About the hard drive, you should add that you can change the PS3's hard drive for any other on the market.

To compare with 360's: A 120go is 42€

And a 500Go is 144€

They will know Helgan belongs to Helghasts

You should add a stand-alone Blu-ray player and a computer for an internet browser to the cost of a 360 if you really want to standardise properly. :P