By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Lets agree on standardised pricing and feature sets for PS3/360 comparisons

what do you mean by "no" for composite for the ps3? my ps3 came with composite cables. also you can use ps2 composite/s-video/component cables on your ps3.

also why is a $80 logitech headset listed as "official". The offical BT headset is not out yet...

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka

Around the Network

Also useful would be the cost of expansion of features. For example you can use ANY headset with the PS3 (USB, a bluetooth set you have for your phone, whatever), you can use ANY 3rd party hard drive (I got a 250GB 2.5 inch HD for my PS3 for 80 bucks, took me 30 seconds to install+10 mins to transfer my saves and other things) and you can install Linux on the PS3 and use it for anything you want.

For reference the 20GB 360 drive is almost 100 dollars, the 120GB drive is almost 200 dollars (more then twice as much as expanding the PS3 to 250GB for half the space. 360 has a four times higher cost to GB of space ratio). There are even 500GB PS3 drives now for around 200 dollars. Sure a terabyte is just around the corner.

The 360 has a low base price, its like a Yaris. Sure its cheap out of the gate, but if you buy all the stuff required to make it equivalent to a nicer car it ends up costing you MORE to get the Yaris then the better car with more standard features. 360+wireless=the same price as a PS3 with far less features and less expandability.

PSN ID: ChosenOne feel free to add me

steven787 said:

OK, I'm back those are some nice charts, I have to take a closer look... I'm going to bed.

Geldorn said:

BTW, your dollar prices for the Eurozone are off a tad ;)
(Per xe.net:)

€199 = ~$310
€269 = ~$420
€369 = ~$580
€399 = ~$625

(All rounded to nearest ten, err, five dollars)

The above Euro prices are the Aussie prices not the conversion.

Err, in that case..

Forget I mentioned anything.

*sneaks away, hoping to stay hidden*

battery packs for the 360 should be added in the price.

Shoestar said:
why would you include Qore? isn't it basically a magazine? like would u include subscription to an Xbox fan magazine? And Qore has incentives of its own like giving invites for closed betas of upcoming games...

as well, why wouldn't you include or care about blu-ray? Didn't it actually win the format war? aren't all movies getting released in high def on blu-ray? If I had a blu-ray player, I would probably stop buying standard def movies all together.

It's really just typical kiddie talk... like when you don't have the toy of your friend, you say... "I never liked that toy anyway! it's crap!"... while you secretly envy it.

Squilliam -1

I have a PS3 remember - since I don't play Blu ray on it, then I guess I don't care for it right? xD Since im entitled to my own opinion on the worth of something...

Tease.

Around the Network

why is it always squlliam who makes these threads

obieslut said:

Squilliam is on a mission to justify his 360 expenses I think. He wants you to tell him its "okay".

Squilliam.. dude... its okay that you like your 360 and pay money for online and proprietary addons and stuff. And btw, the "official" PS3 HDMI cable is $60, not $80. =) Here's a link for ya:

http://www.sonystyle.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10551&storeId=10151&langId=-1&productId=11039942

Who buys the "official" cable anyhow? Is that really worth including?

Groucho said:
obieslut said:

Squilliam is on a mission to justify his 360 expenses I think. He wants you to tell him its "okay".

Squilliam.. dude... its okay that you like your 360 and pay money for online and proprietary addons and stuff. And btw, the "official" PS3 HDMI cable is $60, not $80. =) Here's a link for ya:

http://www.sonystyle.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10551&storeId=10151&langId=-1&productId=11039942

Who buys the "official" cable anyhow? Is that really worth including?

Im going to drop the unofficial ones now! xD

But thanks for the link anyway.

Tease.

Make a field for max HDD upgrade available.

Put the 120GB HDD for the 360 and 320GB HDD for the PS3.

Also another field for you to put would be streaming media which both support.

PS3 80G  BC should be PS1 then 90% of PS2 titles supported.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

just the fact that he has to add extra stuff to make the ps3 look like less bang for the buck, makes me glad im not in his position.