By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Lets agree on standardised pricing and feature sets for PS3/360 comparisons

@SSJ - I don't have the room but im going to make another table for multimedia stuff. Do you have a link for the 80gb Backwards compatibility - but it may not matter because that SKU is being dropped right?

Im going to make a new table:

Heres whats going in it - Hard drive upgrade options, # channels sound output/supported formats + steaming media formats + anything else I can think of.

In the mean time - I lost my links for Hard drive upgrade costs - i'll do 120/250 GB options.

Also to add - Netflix offer, Wireless performance PS3/Xbox360 external/thirdparty, Information about PSN/Qore, Live Silver/Gold

Tease.

Around the Network

Do you have to already get Netflix to use it on Xbox Live? We don't get Netflix so I'm just wondering.

Also, I think you can do better on the PS3 bluetooth headset front. Even $30 is asking too much for a bluetooth headset. I'm sure the quality gets better for the better ones, but what's wrong with headsets $30 or under (the Warhawk one, which I use, is like a $20 value)? Also, why are you listing a Madcatz product?..... eeeewwww

Another topic and comparing prices... 360 costs more everyone knows it.

Obliterator1700 said:
Another topic and comparing prices... 360 costs more everyone knows it.

See, I think it'd be easier for people who know more about the 360 to just find the prices for it than try to do both the PS3 and 360. Same thing for people who know more about the PS3.

That way, both sides will find the best prices and options to bring to the table to compare with the other side.

I got an adapter so I could use PS1 and PS2 memory cards on my PS3. I think it was $15-$20.

Around the Network
d21lewis said:
I got an adapter so I could use PS1 and PS2 memory cards on my PS3. I think it was $15-$20.

If you live in the US, it should be $15 becuase that's what I paid.

It wasn't worth it for the first few months after the PS3 came out becuase it was pretty much a use once and that's it item, you couldn't transfer saves back onto to your PS1/2 memory cards. However, I bought the adapter once Sony resolved that so that you could transfer saves both ways.

I also bought a PS2 to USB adapter for $15 as well because I didn't want to shell out $50 for a sixaxis (I figured I'd wait till Sony settled their dispute with Immursion). It was helpful if somebody wanted to play some Resistance co-op or Warhawk multiplayer.

IllegalPaladin said:

Do you have to already get Netflix to use it on Xbox Live? We don't get Netflix so I'm just wondering.

Also, I think you can do better on the PS3 bluetooth headset front. Even $30 is asking too much for a bluetooth headset. I'm sure the quality gets better for the better ones, but what's wrong with headsets $30 or under (the Warhawk one, which I use, is like a $20 value)? Also, why are you listing a Madcatz product?..... eeeewwww

You need a Netflix account - $10 month/120 year and an Xbox360 live gold account $3.30 month/$40 year.

Ok, I'll have a look for some better/cheaper headsets later unless anyone wants to link me up to some?

Just edited Xbox360 wireless options -$45 non official router.

Tease.

Added games links, better prices/options for PS3 headsets and removed controllers.

xD

The table formatting goes bad every time I edit the post so Im leaving it for now.

Tease.

Why removing the controllers? Were they cheaper on PS3 in the end? too bad...

Also 500Gb HD for PS3 are available for 144€ (225$ VAT). And as someone said before, 1 Terabyte is just around the corner.

They will know Helgan belongs to Helghasts

Squilliam said:
Shoestar said:
why would you include Qore? isn't it basically a magazine? like would u include subscription to an Xbox fan magazine? And Qore has incentives of its own like giving invites for closed betas of upcoming games...

as well, why wouldn't you include or care about blu-ray? Didn't it actually win the format war? aren't all movies getting released in high def on blu-ray? If I had a blu-ray player, I would probably stop buying standard def movies all together.

It's really just typical kiddie talk... like when you don't have the toy of your friend, you say... "I never liked that toy anyway! it's crap!"... while you secretly envy it.

Squilliam -1

I have a PS3 remember - since I don't play Blu ray on it, then I guess I don't care for it right? xD Since im entitled to my own opinion on the worth of something...

If you buy a lamborghini diablo, and compare it to a ford falcon for example,  you might say well, I'm getting the engine on the diablo at $47,000 value while the new engine on the falcon are barely over $1600. Yet, you could say well, it's 1 engine compared to the other engine... If I had to drive from New york to san francisco, I could technically do it on both cars.

Yet, one is more pricey than the other. The difference is that the Diablo will top speeds of over 200 mph. You could say, "I never drive at such a speed", but that doesn't mean the diablo engine is worth $1600. 

It would be the same as blu-ray. However, you're not even in that position, you "DO" use blu-ray. Be it the added contents that come on the Ratchet and Clank games or the quality of the content that come on your MGS4 disc that would elseway not be able to fit on one standard dvd. You could say that "oh well... I could just aswell have had the game on 4-5 dvds and I could still play it on my xbox" but, in a way, having the game on a blu-ray medium saves you from having to get up from your chair/sofa and changing the disc.

Thus, you saying that you do not use 'blu-ray' is essentially untrue, as well as your claim that it has no value. Futhermore, you not 'caring' for blu-ray doesn't mean that it has no value either. But if you persist into using this arguement stating that it is your 'opinion' that it has no value, they you may just aswell have shot your whole case down as you are not presenting factual evidence as you so valliantly tried to portray in your title but merely... well just giberish...

I am a Gamer... I play games and not consoles. I have a PC and Console on which I game... I like games. End of Story!