By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Final Fantasy XIII to PC?

i guess a pc release is something they might look into after finishing the console versions.
pc release is not that easy as it sounds even if they got it running now on their pc based dev platforms, which probably all have nearly identic hardware. they have to make the engine scalable that it riuns on lower end computers with less detail settings and on high end computers with at least the console detail levels.
Also the amount of different possible hardware combinations adds to possible performance problems on some hardware combinations or maybe even crash problems.

Around the Network
Munkeh111 said:
The game is being developed on PC before being ported to other consoles, I dont think it actually says the game is going to be released on PC

Absolutely; I think the logic is simply that it would be really weird to develop the game originally on the PC then never release it on the PC.

It's possible they won't, however, simply because of piracy. And if that does indeed occur, I would like to point out how patently absurd the current gaming environment is that developers are developing games on the PC first because the PS3 (and to a lesser extent the 360) are too messy and assymetrical, and then porting the games to the PS3/360 and never releasing them on the PC because piracy is too much of a problem.

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">

no wonder

there is a chace that it will be released on PC

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

^it would be stupid to not release the game on the pc since its already multiplatform.

Around the Network

they should release it on pc too, it wont cost them much since it is made on pc

Wii/Mario Kart Wii Code:2793-0686-5434

This is getting ridiculous. I'm not going to wait till 2010 for this game my hype level of this game have gotten very low since december 2007. It was quite good day today till this news.

Bodhesatva said:
Munkeh111 said:
The game is being developed on PC before being ported to other consoles, I dont think it actually says the game is going to be released on PC

Absolutely; I think the logic is simply that it would be really weird to develop the game originally on the PC then never release it on the PC.

It's possible they won't, however, simply because of piracy. And if that does indeed occur, I would like to point out how patently absurd the current gaming environment is that developers are developing games on the PC first because the PS3 (and to a lesser extent the 360) are too messy and assymetrical, and then porting the games to the PS3/360 and never releasing them on the PC because piracy is too much of a problem.

In this months PC Gamer they quote a letter from someone at NPD saying that more games are bought online that in stores when it comes to PC games.  So even though there is a lot of piracy, there is also a lot of sales.  They sell it through their digital distribution system they set up with FF11 they can make good money.  I think a lot of developers look at the piracy numbers and think that is 100% lost sales, when I think that it would be hard to find a game where 10% of the people stealing the game would have bought it if they couldn't steal it.  Also, for every million sold on PC is an extra $10+ million because of no royalties to the console manufacturers.  If they are going to make a 360 version for extra money, that extra money on PC would be way to appealing.

I say FFXIII could appear on PC 12 to 18 months after it appears on the consoles.

correct me if i am wrong,
but isn't 100% of the game developed on pc then ported to console?