By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Final Fantasy XIII to PC?

I don't trust that article, but what is known (and said above a few times), is the PC version would not be a port. It's the original. All others would be a port.

From a logical perspective, it makes no sense not to release it on the PC. SE has publicly stated that they feel the time of exclusives is over.

I would expect to see Versus on the PS3, 360, and PC as well.

Around the Network
BenKenobi88 said:
http://kotaku.com/5028961/of-course-final-fantasy-xiii-is-pc-bound

Says here it's definitely PC bound, but after viewing Kotaku's liveblog again, I don't get that feeling.

It's definitely being developed on the PC, but there has been no official announcement of a retail FFXIII on the PC. I'm guessing it will come, but after the consoles by a half year or so I bet.

Me, too.

I also think it is related to piracy.

Putting it on PC would mean significant dent in sales...

This is coming right from PC owner and supporter.

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.

It is not being ported to the ps3.

That would construe that something is changing from the original design to accommodate the ps3 architecture.
That would also mean that the pc version had more, that the ps3 or 360 simply isn't capable of delivering, like a particularly intense battle because of framerates.

And judging by them saying that there is no difference then i'm going to have to disagree.

as for why they have it working on a pc? well you should look up crystal tools, development environment, dev kit.... yeah start with those three

TheRealMafoo said:
I don't trust that article, but what is known (and said above a few times), is the PC version would not be a port. It's the original. All others would be a port.

From a logical perspective, it makes no sense not to release it on the PC. SE has publicly stated that they feel the time of exclusives is over.

it's the original in a sense that they are using pc language to program which is then being translated, HOWEVER.... ps3 is the primary operating environment. And therefore will be both limiting the pc version and holding slightly too much data for the 360 version.

the game is capable of far more on the pc than on the console. Yet that is not happenning. A port is a game like bioshock.

This is not an example of "port".

This is an unofficial definition, but a game that must be limited in order to stay in line with the primary market version, is a port.

I just found this on Kotaku,

"Yes, yes, we know. While some just seem to be figuring this out, Final Fantasy XIII is coming to the Xbox 360 *and* the PC. Square Enix announced this way back at its E3 press conference. Probably going lost in the jaw-dropping Xbox 360 announcement. To review, here's how the FFXIII development cycle is going down: First do the PS3 version, then the PC version and then the Xbox 360 version. And hey, there's been Final Fantasy games on the PC game before, so this isn't exactly something out of left field."

Around the Network

I remember a lot of people buying the final fantasy on the pc when I was young. It makes sense.

My friend to me FFVII on the PC for my birthday when it came out.

IllegalPaladin said:
I just found this on Kotaku,

"Yes, yes, we know. While some just seem to be figuring this out, Final Fantasy XIII is coming to the Xbox 360 *and* the PC. Square Enix announced this way back at its E3 press conference. Probably going lost in the jaw-dropping Xbox 360 announcement. To review, here's how the FFXIII development cycle is going down: First do the PS3 version, then the PC version and then the Xbox 360 version. And hey, there's been Final Fantasy games on the PC game before, so this isn't exactly something out of left field."

steven787 said:
BenKenobi88 said:

Says here it's definitely PC bound, but after viewing Kotaku's liveblog again, I don't get that feeling.

It's definitely being developed on the PC, but there has been no official announcement of a retail FFXIII on the PC. I'm guessing it will come, but after the consoles by a half year or so I bet.

Me, too.

I also think it is related to piracy.

Putting it on PC would mean significant dent in sales...

This is coming right from PC owner and supporter.

Did you actually read the live blog IllegalPal? It doesn't really sound like that at all.

Until I see something written by SE, I don't believe it.  I want it.  I would really rather have it on PC than have to buy a PS3 or 360.

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.

theprof00 said:
TheRealMafoo said:

it's the original in a sense that they are using pc language to program which is then being translated, HOWEVER.... ps3 is the primary operating environment.

I don't even know what a "PC language" is, and I am a developer :p.

SE has stated that the game is currently running on the PC. Not coded there, running. If the game was to much for the PC, it would be too much for the 360.

Wait, did I miss the big press event when MS gloated about how great the PC gaming platform is now that they are getting FFXIII, along with showing off the tons of other games coming to the PC? Oh yeah, I forgot they don't care about PC gaming anymore.

It would not surprise me if MS paid SE to hold back a PC version of FFXIII to help out the 360.