By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Final Fantasy XIII to PC?

Nvidia seems to think so, it's strange because it sounds like Square has already announced it. And with the obvious mistake in the end, it's hard to believe what this article says. But I hope it's true. In the end, it's possible, because Squeenix is developing FFXIII in a PC engine, so there would be no problem in porting it

http://www.nzone.com/object/nzone_e30802_home.html

Square Enix Migrates to PC Development Tools—News

Square Enix has gone PC. On the first day of the show, the Japanese game publisher announced that Final Fantasy XIII is coming to PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 (in Europe and North America only) and PC. During a press conference following the Microsoft event, Final Fantasy XIII Producer Yoshinori Kitase discussed the new development strategy that Square Enix has taken with its upcoming games.

Aside from the new The Last Remnant game, which is being created for Xbox 360 and PS3 using Epic Games’ Unreal Engine 3 externally, all new internally-developed games from Square Enix, including Final Fantasy XIII, Final Fantasy XIII Versus, and an untitled new massively multiplayer online game, utilize the new PC-based Crystal Tools development environment. These tools allow development teams to create cross-platform games.

"The content will be the same on all platforms," said Kitase. "However, we have yet to determine how many discs will be required for the 360 version. We'll have to consider the differences between formats. Currently the game is being built on PC, where it's actually functional. We're still focusing on making it work on PS3, so it's difficult to know how long the process of taking it to 360 will take."

Thanks to the new PC development platform, Kitase added, "Now that we're developing on a PC base, the pace is going a bit faster," Kitase said. "We haven't introduced new footage of the game, but we should be able to show something new in the near future."

Square Enix showed the beautiful pre-rendered trailer for Final Fantasy XIII at the end of the Microsoft press conference. The publisher has a big event scheduled for Tokyo next month where the first new information will be revealed on all Final Fantasy titles. Previously, the publisher released its online game, Final Fantasy XII, on Xbox 360 and PC.

Around the Network
zexen_lowe said:

Square Enix showed the beautiful pre-rendered trailer for Final Fantasy XIII at the end of the Microsoft press conference. The publisher has a big event scheduled for Tokyo next month where the first new information will be revealed on all Final Fantasy titles. Previously, the publisher released its online game, Final Fantasy XII, on Xbox 360 and PC.

They probably just added an extra I by mistake.  FF XI was the MMO and it did release on 306 and PC.

The game is being developed on PC before being ported to other consoles, I dont think it actually says the game is going to be released on PC

^^ True. Just some site misconstruing words.

Munkeh111 said:
The game is being developed on PC before being ported to other consoles, I dont think it actually says the game is going to be released on PC

"On the first day of the show, the Japanese game publisher announced that Final Fantasy XIII is coming to PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 (in Europe and North America only) and PC"

It says there that's going PC, but it seems fishy to me because Square should have announced it (like they did with Last Remnant). It may well be Nvidia confusing things, though, and misinterpreting the announcement of being developed in a Pc engine as a sign that's coming to PC. But you'd think they check the information before posting something like that

Around the Network

It might come out a year or 2 after it does for console I mean its possible but we will wait and see

That article is full of mistakes. No, it's not coming to PC; it's only being considered or something like that (don't remember what they said exactly but it was something like that). They never announced a PC version but might do so in the future.

Why wouldn't they put it on the PC. It's already developed on a PC and works. At this point its actually costing more resources to port it to the PS360. Probably more on the PS3 since it is farther away from regular PC architecture.

superchunk said:
Why wouldn't they put it on the PC. It's already developed on a PC and works. At this point its actually costing more resources to port it to the PS360. Probably more on the PS3 since it is farther away from regular PC architecture.

Logic in a discussion about a video game? Get a torch! Burn the heretic!

superchunk said:

I think is because the piracy levels, maybe they want to go console timed exclusive and then (After a hollydays and the big chunk of total sales is there) they will go for a PC release for a few more sales... (Unlikely)

I wonder where is the guy that keep saying that FF XIII is been developed on the PS3 a not on the PC??

By me:

Made with Blender + LuxRender
"Since you can´t understand ... there is no point to taking you seriously."