By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Article: "The problem with Sony".....what do you make of it?

Yay! Lets all pretend to be analysts and jump on the 'bash sony' bandwagon!

His argument is stupid.

The PSone came out against a hugely expensive N64 and a rubbishly named dreamcast, destroying the competition.

The PS2 came out when the N64 had died, and well before the gamecube (seen as a kiddies console) and the xbox (seen as a nerds console)

To stop this rot, MS rushed out the 360, complete with a killer app (gears of war) and established a huge lead, and Nintendo thought outside the box with their motion control.

So the PS3 has always been last, and will be for another year, and no matter what it does it will be seen as a failure.

Goddamn fucking analysts

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

Around the Network

This is like dejavu... Basically every article complaint about Sony/Microsoft/Nintendo is just the same recycled crap for fanboys to bitch at one another about and bash the opposing console...

How incredibly pointless...

I agree with most of it, but I think with more time, developers will gradually start using the Ps3 hardware for most of it's worth. The best of games sometimes come at the "end" of life cycles:

Paper Mario (2001, N64)
God of War 2 (2007?, PS2)

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

I guess the hate pendulum is swinging back toward the PS3 as of late. Sony FUD is on the rise.

I hate trolls.

Systems I currently own:  360, PS3, Wii, DS Lite (2)
Systems I've owned: PS2, PS1, Dreamcast, Saturn, 3DO, Genesis, Gamecube, N64, SNES, NES, GBA, GB, C64, Amiga, Atari 2600 and 5200, Sega Game Gear, Vectrex, Intellivision, Pong.  Yes, Pong.

article written by a idiot.

- Cell is what sets the PS3 apart from the 360, and its true value will be shown when devs use it for graphics thus easily destroying 360 best.

- LOL the GPU are pretty much even.

- BR is what sets it apart, BR won PS3 sales jumped up its now a huge advantage.

- PS3 is no more difficult to program then the pain in the ass the PS2 was.

- SCE not Sony, Sony's other divisions are doing great. They cant even keep up with the LCD demand.

- Casuals will buy a $600 for eye toy and singstar LMAO, they will come when its around $200

- Sonys has the most exclusives, they make them them selfs they do have the biggets 1st part development capability.

- actually their online is causing MS to crap bricks, ms no longer has online to them selfs.

- some what true, but how can the camera or tv guys help with game development ?

Around the Network
kn said:
I guess the hate pendulum is swinging back toward the PS3 as of late. Sony FUD is on the rise.

FUD in general is on the rise.

How you can read a well-rereasoned piece, backed by OH SHIT facts, and just scream BIAS, I don't know. Even if you really like the system, not looking at what's wrong with its position is wearing rose-colored glasses.

Saying the devving for the Playstation 3 is "the same" compared to the Playstation 2 is just insane. Games are 10x more expensive to make today, and Playstation 2 was considered the lead (and most economically viable) platform its WHOLE LIFE. Those are pretty important differences between '02 and '08.

How stupid is it to suggest that putting an advanced chip in the PS3 was a 'bad' thing? What were Sony going to do, put a shitty chip in and keep the system behind its competitors? The Cell puts the PS3 ahead of its competitors, and the system has still sold even with its high price. This guy is a fucking eejit

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

colonelstubbs said:

How stupid is it to suggest that putting an advanced chip in the PS3 was a 'bad' thing? What were Sony going to do, put a shitty chip in and keep the system behind its competitors? The Cell puts the PS3 ahead of its competitors, and the system has still sold even with its high price. This guy is a fucking eejit

I haven't seen anything that the cell has done so far that can not be done on the 360. Down the road perhaps we will see something amazing, but as it stands, it was a very expensive "advanced" chip to put into the system. In the long run, it may be a great idea to insert the cell into the device, but by that time they alienated some of the core consumer that they had in the first place by wringing out a ridiculous price tag when they released the system.

Don't get me wrong, I don't hate on any level. I have all three systems. I just find people on these forums to be so ignorant to what the actual issues were and are.

Just kiss the tip.

"it is amazing that Sony have sold as many PS3s as they have. The reason they have done so is because of the impetus of the brand and the loyalty of a large section of their user base......"

Right on!!!!!

The reasons these threads keep turning up is because nobody accepts the contents of the op...

Which is all bang on....bias indeed...When its microsoft, we all concede the truth....When its sony....its all biased and mean and they just want to hurt us.