By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Article: "The problem with Sony".....what do you make of it?

That guy is trying to hard to make Sony look bad. He makes alot of good points but is wrong on
Blu-ray- this will probably help sony long term
Online- what's wrong with Sony's online program? Its 2nd best in the industry, and its FREE
varoius branches not working together- this is being improved. Sony movie stuido is keeping UMD alive, ect.
Otherwise he makes good points.

Around the Network

360 fanboys around the world are apparently in full panic mode. This article is a combination of rehash and ridiculous.

DMeisterJ said:
lolz.

We've been having lots of "X console is doing horribly" posts and threads lately.

I just like how it says Sony is gonna stay in third place, and they don't see how PS3 made up 2.1 million units of ground on the 360 in seven months...

weird.

Not to be splitting hairs, but Vgchartz has the numbers from Dec 30 07 to July 20 08 at 1,561,852 fior the amount of units caught up between the PS3 and 360.

If the sales stayed at this rate, it would take the PS3 just over 2 years to make up the ground lost. There are many variables that can effect this though, such as the recent 360 price cut, or big name, impact games.

Saying this, either way you cut it, the PS3 does have some work ahead of it to make up lost ground, and by the time it does, it will most likely be deep into the current gen cycle. I say that MS has been succesful so far this gen in gainging market share. Expect them to end up at at least 30 mil, or as high as 35 mil. This means that they gained quite a big piece of the pie since last gen, which in turn means Sony must have lost some to them.

Just kiss the tip.

Always bashing the best...

Arkk said:
DMeisterJ said:
lolz.

We've been having lots of "X console is doing horribly" posts and threads lately.

I just like how it says Sony is gonna stay in third place, and they don't see how PS3 made up 2.1 million units of ground on the 360 in seven months...

weird.

Not to be splitting hairs, but Vgchartz has the numbers from Dec 30 07 to July 20 08 at 1,561,852 fior the amount of units caught up between the PS3 and 360.

If the sales stayed at this rate, it would take the PS3 just over 2 years to make up the ground lost. There are many variables that can effect this though, such as the recent 360 price cut, or big name, impact games.

Saying this, either way you cut it, the PS3 does have some work ahead of it to make up lost ground, and by the time it does, it will most likely be deep into the current gen cycle. I say that MS has been succesful so far this gen in gainging market share. Expect them to end up at at least 30 mil, or as high as 35 mil. This means that they gained quite a big piece of the pie since last gen, which in turn means Sony must have lost some to them.

The biggest gap between the two was 7.5 million last November, and now the diff is 5.41 so 2.09 is what's gained.  And you fail to realize Christmas season, price cuts, etc, change all that.

Around the Network

This article is a piece of trash that some low life hack has written. Its just not doing justice to this site to post such crappy work.

It is better to die on one's feet

then live on one's knees

Obliterator1700 said:
Always bashing the best...

Agree the Wii haters are spawning from everywhere...

By me:

Made with Blender + LuxRender
"Since you can´t understand ... there is no point to taking you seriously."
DMeisterJ said:
Arkk said:
DMeisterJ said:
lolz.

weird.

The biggest gap between the two was 7.5 million last November, and now the diff is 5.41 so 2.09 is what's gained.  And you fail to realize Christmas season, price cuts, etc, change all that.

How did I fail to realize anything. I clearly stated that there are many variables. Please read the post before replying. And if you are going back to last November, that is clearly more than 7 months, so state that. Please don't be ignorant of what I am saying and to what you posted.

Just kiss the tip.

DMeisterJ said:
Onimusha12 said:
Sony shot itself in the foot by trying to gobble up the Xbox's Hardcore market to eliminate Microsoft as potential contendor this generation. In turn they created a console so westernized that it has virtually no appeal in Japan and everywhere else is unable to beat Microsoft at its own game. Sony had let Microsoft lure it onto their home turf.

Sony shot itself in the foot by making a console that was too expensive, too over-engineered to compete realistically in the market.

The online strategy means nothing for the PS3, only the 360 benefits from a prime online strategy because its demographic relishes such aspects. You all seem to think the PS3 and 360 are sharing the same market, but while the 360 appeals to the 15-25 year old internet-savy jock gamer crowd, the PS3 really largely appeals to the much older 25-40 year old demographic of financially stabilizing adults who either want to own the "best" (most powerful) product of its respective market or own a Blu-Ray player or the HD console that they're told is the most ideal for their new $15,000 1080i wide screen TV. They really don't play that many games and don't really consider video gaming much of a passion.

The 360 has become the hardcore gamer console of choice while the PS3 is becoming a luxury necessity in the same right as HD TVs.

15,000 dollar TVs?  ROFL.  Take it from someone who lives at best buy, you can buy a 1080p TV (or 720 for that matter) for far less than 15,000 dollars.  I hope that was an exaggeration, not sheer stupidity.

Next time you make a point, try getting your facts straight.

And lol at PS3 being a luxury necessity at fifty bucks more expensive than the 360.  Yeah, so much of a luxury.

Just don't reply.  You're wrong, and make no sense.  Leave this thread while you have an ounce of respect and a shred of dignity left.

I bought my 1080p 42 inch Bravia for 2000$ 2 years ago at Best Buy( was a sale, regular price at the time was 2500$), but yes honestly don't throw out prices out there when you have no clue what you are talking about..

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

DMeisterJ said:
Onimusha12 said:
Sony shot itself in the foot by trying to gobble up the Xbox's Hardcore market to eliminate Microsoft as potential contendor this generation. In turn they created a console so westernized that it has virtually no appeal in Japan and everywhere else is unable to beat Microsoft at its own game. Sony had let Microsoft lure it onto their home turf.

Sony shot itself in the foot by making a console that was too expensive, too over-engineered to compete realistically in the market.

The online strategy means nothing for the PS3, only the 360 benefits from a prime online strategy because its demographic relishes such aspects. You all seem to think the PS3 and 360 are sharing the same market, but while the 360 appeals to the 15-25 year old internet-savy jock gamer crowd, the PS3 really largely appeals to the much older 25-40 year old demographic of financially stabilizing adults who either want to own the "best" (most powerful) product of its respective market or own a Blu-Ray player or the HD console that they're told is the most ideal for their new $15,000 1080i wide screen TV. They really don't play that many games and don't really consider video gaming much of a passion.

The 360 has become the hardcore gamer console of choice while the PS3 is becoming a luxury necessity in the same right as HD TVs.

15,000 dollar TVs?  ROFL.  Take it from someone who lives at best buy, you can buy a 1080p TV (or 720 for that matter) for far less than 15,000 dollars.  I hope that was an exaggeration, not sheer stupidity.

Next time you make a point, try getting your facts straight.

And lol at PS3 being a luxury necessity at fifty bucks more expensive than the 360.  Yeah, so much of a luxury.

Just don't reply.  You're wrong, and make no sense.  Leave this thread while you have an ounce of respect and a shred of dignity left.

I bought my 1080p 42 inch Bravia for 2000$ 2 years ago at Best Buy( was a sale, regular price at the time was 2500$), but yes honestly don't throw out prices out there when you have no clue what you are talking about..

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !