By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Article: "The problem with Sony".....what do you make of it?

i prefer sony to keep me waiting, that release buggy home or game.
ps3 is a high quality machine the engineers did a great job with it.... japanese people should be very proud to have so many talented people that work for sony and nintendo (the wii also have a very low failure rate)
something that can't be said about the xbox360 that was rushed and hardware problems rise to 33% and 16% is all red ring of death.

xbox360 got very good games in it, but they been holding to that hardware for too long and the rrod problems doesn't seem to be disappearing even with the CPU GPU shrinkings.

sony still can hold up on their own yet, they have time, last generation i bought a gamecube first... then 3 years later bought a ps2, just because i needed a dvd player, and wanted to play final fantasy x and kingdom hearts.

i am pretty sure there are alot of people like me in the same situation right now, i hardly take the wii as a next since the big name third party games (GT5 GTA4 MGS4 Assasin Creed Final Fantasy KH Resident Evil) are for HD consoles.

and for me its a good thing, i don't want companies to make milk money of old hardware, but to burst money into making a great HD game, that i will treasure do it's greatness.

Around the Network
Hus said:
article written by a idiot.

- Cell is what sets the PS3 apart from the 360, and its true value will be shown when devs use it for graphics thus easily destroying 360 best.

More "Future Proof" for the masses eh? I've been listening to these promises for the last two years. Even if the Ps3 could achieve such graphics it would just mean fewer games that could be produced in the same time period as 360 games and more expensive games. You assumption that anyone other than Sony's first party will actually bother with this is somewhat humorous. Hardcore gamers may not be able to stomach the Wii's graphics, but no surpassing of the PS3's graphical ability beyond that of the 360's will ever bother or concern gamers. The 360's appeal isn't graphics so much as it is hardcore gaming now.

Hus said:

- BR is what sets it apart, BR won PS3 sales jumped up its now a huge advantage.

So in otherwords people will buy the PS3 as a Blu-Ray player and either no or a few games for it? Yes, a huge win. Let's hope the PS3 remains the cheapest and best Blu-Ray player forever or this advantage, which even now is minimal, might dissapear.

Hus said:

- PS3 is no more difficult to program then the pain in the ass the PS2 was.

Source?

Even if this were true, the PS2 was a dominating success and the continuing of a legacy, the motivation was more than there to learn how to develop for it. The PS3 on the other hand is a universally accepted fall from grace for Sony and the last place runner up thus far in the console war. 

Hus said:

- Casuals will buy a $600 for eye toy and singstar LMAO, they will come when its around $200

The Wii has already stollen the casual image, Sony will never get it back. Singstar has been mitigated by the PS3's lack of casual appeal and the Eye Toy is all but abandoned by everyone except PSN. I'm sorry, but nothing can save the PS3 with the casuals now.

Hus said:

- Sonys has the most exclusives, they make them them selfs they do have the biggets 1st part development capability.

Only because they announce games three years earlier than everyone else, lol. But seriously, do you seriously think half of these exclusives will even matter to the general gamer community? Even if the PS3 did have the better exclusives they're nothing 360 fans can't just ignore now that they have a console they're more than comfortable with. The 360 gets enough PS3 games to satisfy any gamer, exclusives or not, the PS3's exclusive library is merely supplemental, not necessity. 

Hus said:

- actually their online is causing MS to crap bricks, ms no longer has online to them selfs.

Really, do you have a source on the inside? I'm sure MS was convinced they would have online to themselves forever, this must be a total and completely unpredicted surprise for them. Sorry, your sub-normer gamers are already rooted in the 360 and nothing is going to change that. Till the bitter end they'll make excuses as to why the PS3 just doesn't appeal to them and will remain stead fast in the Xbox. You know it, I know it, stop dreaming.

While I may agree about some of the errors listed, PS3 needed more RAM, a Cell version with more general purpose cores, easily exploitable since the beginning, and maybe only 4 or 5 SPEs, maybe a better GPU too (but SPEs, with well done libraries and development tools, should help a lot), and better development tools since start, some of those "errors" will pay well in the future, Sony just need to not give in and it will gather the fruits: a stable, warranted long lived and powerful platform, with a start perhaps clumsy and unsatisfying, but now doing quite well, and it isn't even two years old, should appeal more and more customers and developers: and it's already doing it, indeed.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

What this guy said

is the truth

"How does it feel to be asleep in class? I ask that because one of the things of which you accuse Sony is lack of exclusives. Yet anyone that was awake for half of E3 knows MS had the big announcement of SHARING A VERSION of the game yet the Sony show was predicated upon their massive number of exclusives. Sad really that people like you have even have internet access. You make Michael Pachter look like Einstein. The graphics processor crap is really old and quite tired. You can't consider a GPU without considering the processor to which it is tied. Considering the best looking games this generation have been on the PS3 - Uncharted for one thank you - choosing to blame the PS3 GPU because devs making a multiplatform game concentrated on the 360 is just retarded. I agree that people often blame the devs but when you see the hardware physics in games like GRAW2 - thanks to PS3 architecture - compared to their much more bland software physics driven cousin on the 360, well, no excuse for your uninformed comments. Like Jade Raymond and her intital comments about PS3 architecture - which later had to be recanted - you too have a piece of humble pie at the dinner table of ignorance. Bluray? MGS4, end of story. People like you are so shortsighted. Kind of ironic considering you claim to be an ANALyst. But then again any gaijin would naturally concentrate on those things which occupy the American mindset - which is the next 5 minutes. Sony has chosen to look far down the road and size matters pal. Sony messed up online. Ever play online? No? One of Sony's biggest issues are people like you. The lie spreaders. I seriously doubt you are coordinated enough to operate thumbsticks else you would know the horrendous performance with Live is inexcusable compared to the freedom of PSN. And as Sony has demonstrated at E3, their online evolution is more than some stolen Miis. Are you a developer? Of course not. Otherwise you would listen more to comments from the developers themselves and what they have said about the PS3 architecture. Isn't it time for another meal with your friend Gabe Newell? It sounds like the two of you chow down from the same trough. Good riddance. This is one more website for me never to bother clicking on again. You have been stereotyped as a MS and Nintendo fanboy. The ugly truth about stereotypes is there is quite often a basis in fact for the moniker with which people are branded. You are a class A example of that fact."

To buy, 1.FF13 2.Uncharted 2 3.White night story 4.Tales of vesperia 5.Killzone 2 5.Infamous 7.Buzz quiz TV 8.Fat princess 9.GT5 10.Dragon age orgins 11.Dragon quest 9 Mayb Demon souls UFC games Fight night 4 Resident evil 5 Red dead redemption Free realms DC universe Flower Alan wake

I'm no Sony fan, but you shouldn't take this "article" entirely seriously. A lot of the things he's saying are certainly true, but it's just another analysis in a sea of analysis on the interwebs.

In the end, the media, forum trolls, and f-ing fanboys can analyze until they're blue in the face, but it's all just hot air. None of us know how any of this is going to pan out because we don't really know what any of these companies are keeping under wraps.

Everyone said the Wii was going to be the last hurrah for Nintendo (especially after they announced the official name of the console) and look at where they are now. The media, bloggers, and especially fanboys and forum trolls, usually have no idea what they're talking about.