By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Jack Tretton says "PS3 4 million behind 360"

@SOLIDSNAKE08

lol...hell yea

Around the Network

Well,right before MGS4 Microsoft claimed 5 million worldwide lead.Now Tretton (maybe rounding and PR spin ) tells about 4 million ....

This could be ...the difference must be between 4 and 4.5 million.

Not bad for the PS3 ,considering the "no games" ,"360 catalogue teh bestz evar" ,"too expensive" arguements used against it.

I think by may 2009 it will have definitely passed the 360.If only they really decided to cut the price instead of the "same price more Gb of HDD" strategy they are both following ....

That's not exactly out of range of Vgchartz estimates.

For example using Vgchartz data and 5% uncertainty:

360 at 19.78 million with 5% uncertainty = 18.79 to 20.77

PS3 at 14.41 million with 5% uncertainty = 13.70 to 15.12

Now let's say you work for Sony and are optimistic about PS3 sales and pessimistic about 360 numbers:

18.79 - 15.12 = 3.67 million difference

Are PS3 Salew thst undertracked?

Are PS3 Salew thst undertracked?

Around the Network

Incandescence says "Bullshit."

|Y|A|O|I|
¯¯¯¯¯¯My anti-drug™

ioi said:
16.5m PS3s shipped is entirely possible

ioi, said it, it must be true.

So why did they call it the 360?because when you see it, you'll turn 360 degrees and walk away- some guy on Gamespot
FishyJoe said:
We'll get the numbers from Sony next week. The only numbers I trust are the numbers printed in corporate reports, because they are legally required to provide correct information.

thats true fishy joe, many people claim big corps spin thier way out of it but on legal reporting they have to tell the truth.

i reckon in sales ps3 is temporary 5 million behind, mabey 4 million in shipped.

by november 2009 it may be that 360 is 5 million behind ps3!

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

he only say that to make people believe on ps3 .. it a psychological war.

Well M$ shipped 20.3 mill as of 31st June.
SONY shipped 12.84 as of 31st March...

= 7.46 gap...

Therefore SONY shipped 3.46 million consoles between March and end of July (since Jacks figures properly factor in SONY July shipments).

Id guess that next week they'll claim of shipped 2.5 million consoles in their Q1 -- putting SONY at 15.34 million shipped... which is pretty good and inline with VGchartz numbers.