By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Latin America: Mexico, Central America, & South America Sales Thread

NIce find!!!

SSBB FC: 5155 2671 4071 elgefe02: "VGChartz's Resident Raving Rabbit"   MKWii:5155-3729-0989

Around the Network

its easy to mod a xbox360 but even with that, the xbox360 its the winner in mexico because you find the best technical support and the games are cheaper that in united states sometimes, and the consoles are not expensive. thats the main reason. i personality dont own a xbox but buy a wii or a ps3 in mexico its really expensive just like their games . if companies like nintendo and sony support the market just like microsoft i thing tha the market could finally be a big one XD.

jugando ahora: Super Street fighter 4, ninokuni "ds"
playing now: NINOKUNI, Super Street fighter 4, kof 13
waiting for: 3ds to play street fighter 4 and zelda

FJ-Warez said:
OT7 said:
fazz said:
Great info BKK2. The Xbox 360 is VERY popular among the non-enthusiast gamers, and with kids too, so it's not surprising 360 has strong sales here. It has taken the spot the PS2 left.

In the case of the Wii, its sold to the very enthusiast like myself.

Yeah Fazz,you're right but you like me know the very key of the 360's sucess here on Mexico:The piracy.

From 25 people I know that got a 360,20 of them had mod it and only buy piracy games,and therefore this affect the Wii in the same way,the measure (or percent) is minus,from 7 guys that owns a Wii of people I know only two of them have mod their Wii.

The PS3 is just expensive insane and without the piracy option doesn't appeal the gaming masses,just like his older bros (PSone&PS2) did it in past times.

Damn,I only know two weird people like me that have a PS3 and don't try to kill for that Fazz

I just know one guy with a PS3 (A 360 too) and about 8 guys with a 360... all of them love Halo 3...

I know like 10 with 360s, 7 with Wiis and 1 with PS3 lol

OT7 said:
fazz said:
Great info BKK2. The Xbox 360 is VERY popular among the non-enthusiast gamers, and with kids too, so it's not surprising 360 has strong sales here. It has taken the spot the PS2 left.

Yeah Fazz,you're right but you like me know the very key of the 360's sucess here on Mexico:The piracy.

From 25 people I know that got a 360,20 of them had mod it and only buy piracy games,and therefore this affect the Wii in the same way,the measure (or percent) is minus,from 7 guys that owns a Wii of people I know only two of them have mod their Wii.

The PS3 is just expensive insane and without the piracy option doesn't appeal the gaming masses,just like his older bros (PSone&PS2) did it in past times.

Damn,I only know two weird people like me that have a PS3 and don't try to kill for that Fazz

Definitely, here in Mexico there are millions of gamers, but only few of them buy their games legally or in authorized stores (because of prices). That's why many think here we are not interested in videogames.... sad but true.

Wii here costs about US $400 , Xbox 360 US $450 dls and PS3 about US $600-650 dls at least

Castlevania Judgment FC:     1161 - 3389 - 1512

3DS Friend Code:   3480-2746-6289

Wii Friend Code: 4268-9719-1932-3069

A great amount of people from Latin America buys its games in U.S. or through sites of Internet that makes shipments.

Sick of SackBoy threads

Around the Network
pika said:
A great amount of people from Latin America buys its games in U.S. or through sites of Internet that makes shipments.

Why? because here cost a lot more.

MANUELF said:
pika said:

Why? because here cost a lot more.

What i tried to explain is that perhaps, the market of Latin America is bigger than one thinks by the amount of sales without entering.

Sick of SackBoy threads

Mexico is the number 4 not 5 (microsoft said it) behind usa, uk and canada i think, maybe with around 1 million xbox solds, and it could be more, because many many consoles are imported from usa and i am sure than all the people from the north of the country, buy their consoles in usa.

For make a better reputation to my country, the wii can be ¿"pirated"? (i dont know if is the correct word) but the 360 is more popular, and all the people i know with a 360 dont use piracy.

Since the last gen, the xbox was as popular as the ps2, so, here (i mean, where i live it could the the same situation in other parts of the country), microsoft consoles always has been popular.

i dont belive than in mexico, say than microsoft is number 4 is bad (for MS), that "million" of consoles solds could be for wii or ps3, but, if you would be here and see, the comercials on tv, the consoles price (the 360 is cheaper than wii), the events organized, 70% of advertising in general from videogames are for 360. There are 360 commercials in the soccer matches but i have never seen some for the wii or ps3. Thats why the 360 is so popular (not just for the piracy like everone here are thinking).

End of 2011 (made 02/01/11) 
Wii: 99.453 m
Xbox 360: 67.837 m 
Ps 3: 60.726 m

Best Games/Serie of the Generation

here in venezuela all wiis ps3 and xbox etc.. are directly imported from usa...im not saying we are the highest market in latinamerica...but most of the people i know own a wii, or a xbox or ps3...maybe the most demanded console is the wii.. is really hard to know an exact numbre...maybe if someone make a poll and send the poll to the people who sell the imported consoles(mercadolibre, etc). maybe we could have a estimate or something useful...im the proud owner of a wii. i bought it in best buy in usa...im in canada right now and i bought a Wiifit, the last one in the EBgames store.. but i can tell that there a lot of wiifit users and people who wants to buy it in venezuela....
I have to recognize that the main issue in Vzla is the piracy, but maybe if, for example, nintendo reopen Nintendo Of Venezuela, they could sell large amounts of original wii games, cheaper than buying them from usa.. right now a wii game costs from 90 $ to 200$..

We are Wii....Waiting for Pikmin 3! and Pikmin 2 NPC...

Playing:

- Donkey Kong Country Returns

- Minecraft!

-  Venezuela FTW!       

fazz said:
FJ-Warez said:
OT7 said:
fazz said:

I just know one guy with a PS3 (A 360 too) and about 8 guys with a 360... all of them love Halo 3...

I know like 10 with 360s, 7 with Wiis and 1 with PS3 lol

Well thats enough anecdotal evidence to sugest that the PS3 will not sell well here unless there is a nice cheap and easy way to put a modchip on it, and the tech is cheaper to buy and sell BR burned games...

By me:

Made with Blender + LuxRender
"Since you can´t understand ... there is no point to taking you seriously."