By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Latin America: Mexico, Central America, & South America Sales Thread

MasterZack said:

¿Cómo le hacen para saber las ventas en lugares como México?
How do you do to know the sales in countries like México?

unlike most news reports you here on fox, Mexico is a vary industrialized country.

if you get a chance i suggest you visit it.

hello how are you.

Around the Network

Are there updated numbers of this???

The weak point of the article is that it only matters official consoles sold.

Just recently Sony is officialy selling PS3s in Brazil, for example.

Brazil is bigger than mexico in gaming. But my Wii came from Europe and my PS3 from Hong Kong, as a example. Official PS3s sold on Sony Style are more than double the price and come from U.S.

In softwares sold, of course mexico is higher than brazil. I think my country has more consoles than games sold xD. And the few games sold are for PC(not so expensive here because of EA, Konami(PES) and other companies that installed here) and imported.

My games for wii and ps3 usually comes from England(pound is cheap todays).

ok

Here in costarica, the situation is very similar to most places in latinamerica,,, Piracy is something very common due to the prices, not everybody can afford $80 for a wii game or $90 for a PS3/Xbox360 game... The consoles are still somehow high, but a little bit better than in other places. In my case I only have a wii, I dont have actually a lot of time to play so I am just buying things that I am really interest in, and so the same is truth for most of gamers  I know. In costa rica, most gamers are buying games/consoles online from the US, regardless of the console, buying online is the way to go for most of us, even if we have to pay taxes... I would say costa rica is a mix between PS3 y Wii, maybe wii a little bit ahead a ps3. 

Menx64

3DS code: 1289-8222-7215

NNid: Menx064

Around the Network

Latin america seems like an unfriendly place for nintendo, btw, is there any ecuador numbers?

I should update my news, here everybody has a DS with a R4 card or a PSP hacked and the Wii, X360 and PS2 are pirated to hell so the PS3 is not popular at all because it can't be pirated yet

did you see this about sales of some software in Brazil? (in portuguese). it´s about a project to lower the price for games here in brazil, and also shows some sales for some games.

http://jogos.uol.com.br/ultnot/multi/2010/07/14/ult530u7924.jhtm

some parts:

- "Um game como 'God of War III', temos informações que a Sony vendeu 30 mil unidades"

Gow III sold 30k in Brazil.

- "Pro Evolution Soccer 2010", mais recente edição do game de futebol da Konami, vendeu 600 mil unidades na América Latina, por conta de uma promoção bancada pela produtora: o game chegou ao país em maio por R$ 99 nas versões para Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 e Wii (e por R$ 59 na edição para PlayStation 2, um dos consoles mais populares no país). Com isso, o Brasil representou 42% das vendas da América Latina, ou seja, 252 mil cópias.

PES10 sold 600k in Latin America,252k in Brazil.

Those are impressive figures for PES in Latin America. Latin America, hell maybe just Brazil might actually be a bigger market for Konami / EA soccer (football) games than the USA is.

People are difficult to govern because they have too much knowledge.

When there are more laws, there are more criminals.

- Lao Tzu

Indeed those are some insanely good numbers for PES, especially considering how rampant piracy is down there. And I've been theorizing that GOW3 sold about 50k-100k in Latin America. Nice to see that confirmed.

Proudest Platinums:
1. Gran Turismo 5
2. Persona 4 Arena
3. Wipeout HD
4. Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
5. Super Street Fighter 4