By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Latin America: Mexico, Central America, & South America Sales Thread

the problem here is piracy... i live in chile, and most of 360 guys have all of their games false..
i have a ps3 so thats not a possibility :O...

Around the Network

Here are a new report, since the pricecut for both X360 and PS3 the sales are X360>>PSP>>PS3>DS>>>Wii.

The Wii and DS are more pricey now than last year.

in my country (Argentina) We're seeing a incredible rise in ps3 sales and wii's, 360 not so much, but there's a rise too...also, the piracy domains the SW sales in here.

I'm Back! - Proud owner of the best doomed handheld of all time!

i made a research by asking individually most of the local retailers in this central american country(panama).Sales of wii and ps3 are quite strong,while 360 is somewhat behind.The strong mid class income and paired up prices due to light taxes(Wii 238 US, PS3 slim 400, yet 360 over 400) allow gamers not to depend on piracy as much, along with stronger regulations.
Also,large original sales leads to plenty of used copies for 20 or 10 USD,fending off piracy further.
because of low prices of hardware and software retailing at around 5 USD higher than US(but up to 70-80) for PS3 games,a large number of venezuelan and colombian gamers arrive here for shopping.
However, since the overal population is so small, even if very large proportion of it actively purchases consoles, peripherals and original games, it will never amount to much. Then again is still a very attractive affair for gaming neighboors from costa rica ,colombia and venezuela for big purchases.

The problem in Soth America is the piracy.
I have a Wii but only buy original games. I have a few games but good ones.

Around the Network

interesting thread...

http://www.vgchartz.com/sigs/output.php?userid=60726%5B/img%5D%5B/url%5D">

Ratix240sx said:
is there any sales info on Brazil?

They would interesting to find out...

http://www.vgchartz.com/sigs/output.php?userid=60726%5B/img%5D%5B/url%5D">

Well, Colombia... no surprise. Most of my friends/relatives play with modded consoles, I'm the only one who owns a PS3, and I'm the only one buying my PC games now, when I too used to pirate them non-stop, like 2 years ago. Then I tried Steam, woah.

Back in December, we went to Texas to spend New Year with some relatives. 2 of my cousins got DSi's, and like 4 games each. It's a matter of a good price, and showing a good product to get the buy. Here in Colombia, the prices on games are always "holy crap" expensive.

I can mostly afford it :), I get my games imported and off steam for a lower price.

That's right, just one "d"

In b4 "it's addict"
-----------------------------------------------
Add me:

Yeah, mexico is a really important market , I live in Monterrey and I personally own Xbox 360 and the Wii, my girlfriend owns a ps3, so i always play it anyway
IMO people mainly get the 360 because the tv comercials shows someone playing FIFA, which is by far the most popular game in the country, so I think thats the advantage (nintendo and sony dont even bother on airing tv comercials btw)

Yes i can say first hand that Xbox is HUGE in Mexico.. its actually surprising, but i am glad that mexico is growing video games. If Mexican artists like Del toro can create a game that matches the likes of Pan's Labyrinth, well then i am all for Mexican game development.

hello how are you.