By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Latin America: Mexico, Central America, & South America Sales Thread

xbox rules,.viva xbox360,viva el tequila viva mexico, coño..

Around the Network

@green: Hablas ingles aqui, por favor. Hablamos espanol en este thread: Link.

In Chile it's most Wii and Xbox 360
But right now, the Wii goes about $300.000 pesos (1 U$ = 640 pesos...so about U$ 480), Xbox360 for 320000 (~U$ 500) and PS3 for 350000 (~U$ 550)

Wii games even cost almost the same than X360 counterparts!!, they are at 60000 (Almost U$100) against X360 (~U$110)...that is the reason there is a lot of piracy

I will try to find more information about sales with numbers xD

WiiU/Wii/3DS/DS/Xbox360/PS3/PSP Owner 
3DS FC: 1032-1246-9162  (Nacho)
Nintendo Network ID: Zap786
If you add me, please let me know to add you back

BKK2 said:

Ah yeah the PES bundle is more expensive in Argentina, there was supposed to be a non-bundled PS3 for P2800, which is what I converted to US$.

It's not a bad price in Chile though, considering that price actually is for the PES bundle.

That happes cause Wii and Xbox have a lot of more marketshare. I still can find new 60GB PS3 and about two weeks ago disappeared the MGS bundles.

[Sorry for the double post, but i didn't saw that post and wanted to add my perception about the market]

WiiU/Wii/3DS/DS/Xbox360/PS3/PSP Owner 
3DS FC: 1032-1246-9162  (Nacho)
Nintendo Network ID: Zap786
If you add me, please let me know to add you back

Well, PS3 was only recently officially released in Chile, 60Gb model would be a grey import. I assume the main reason why PS3 is cheaper in Chile is due to taxes.

I visited Chile last year, nice country :)

Around the Network

Here in Venezuela, sony just announced the ps3 officially... very "cheap", "only" 2990 Bsf, (1390 US$)... at least the ps3 now have an official warranty here in Vzla. Im waiting for Nintendo, the should re-open Nintendo Of Venezuela...

We are Wii....Waiting for Pikmin 3! and Pikmin 2 NPC...

Playing:

- Donkey Kong Country Returns

- Minecraft!

-  Venezuela FTW!       

green_box said:

xbox rules,.viva xbox360,viva el tequila viva mexico, coño..

Great contribution to the thread. You should get a cookie.

Anyways, the PS2 will be officially manufactured in Brazil in the second quarter of 2009. Sony will invest approximately R$9 million and produce 450k PS2 in the first year.

The plan for Latin America is apparently in 3 phases (the article doesn't specify if it's launching or manufacturing the PS2, probably the latter). 1st phase is Chile, Argentina, Colombia and Peru (already happened), 2nd phase is Costa Rica, Equador, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Nicarágua, Panamá and Venezuela. Finally the 3rd phase is Paraguai, Uruguai and Brasil, no later than June 2009. The article also notes that's when the Zeebo will be launching.

Also worth noting is that this SCE Latin America will not be another part like SCEE or SCEI but it'll be under SCEA.

http://revistaepoca.globo.com/Revista/Epoca/0,,EMI17217-15224,00-SONY+VAI+FABRICAR+PLAYSTATION+EM+MANAUS.htmL

Earlier today, I was watching TV and I saw a commercial for the DS.

The price of videogames being what they are here, consoles are almost never officially released in my country. When they are, it costs so much that the market for it is pretty small and pretty much anyone that buys it don't need an ad on TV to dicover that the console exists.

So is the market big enough for actual ads to appear on Brazilian Tv (it was cable, which means people with a bit more money, but still)?

So, does anyone have any kind of figures of how many consoles (every console) sold in Brazil and/or South America? I only know PS2 (8mil in Brazil).

PS - I will try to find the ad online. If I do, I will post it.

www.jamesvandermemes.com

I was seraching online and I was a bit wrong before. There were videogame commercials in my country. Few, but there were.

I guess this one startled me, because I hadn't seen one in a while and it was for the DS and not the PS2.

www.jamesvandermemes.com

Hello guys, just a Colombian guy over here :D

I have bought the Wii last month and i have only got 3 games: Zelda TP(U$60), Excite Truck(U$23) and Mario Kart w/Wii Wheel(U$89 Hell!), all of them where original ones (which i m proud of) and i m seeking to finish Zelda to buy the next one.

I was searching for AC:City Folk, but nope, that game didnt come here, it seems like i m going 2 wait until mid-January to get it.

Ah, the PS3 is almost dead here, since there is no piracy, nobody likes it, no body even talks about it :D, it seems like paradise for a Nintenboy like i was back in the GCN age :D

Ah, ok, bye, it seems like it getting late, time 2 sleep !