By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - List of Sony's lost exclusives of this gen.

konnichiwa said:
iron_megalith said:
el_rika said:
Final Fantasy and DMC were not exclusive to Sony.

They were back then.. This gen is a no.. So he's right about that.

Hmmm I think he means there were other FF games on the other consoles like FFXI on X360, FF CC on GC, FFI, II, on GBA etc...

If that's so... then I guess you're both right.. I haven't played FF CC on GC though.. must've missed that.

Around the Network
iron_megalith said:
Torillian said:
I seriously thought better of you than this Trestes. Please tell me how this thread helps anyone. Did some Sony fan tick you off in another thread?

and I remember back then him calling me a troll... if this is not a troll thread then is this a flamebait then?

I am sorry but if you have nothing to add to this thread I think you better leave.

konnichiwa said:
iron_megalith said:
el_rika said:

Hmmm I think he means there were other FF games on the other consoles like FFXI on X360, FF CC on GC, FFI, II, on GBA etc...

also FF1,2,3 being on nes

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

shio said:
is this thread necessary? Maybe you didn't mean to troll, but this thread will only flamebait.

We know PS3 lost exclusives, but does it matter that much? It was expected of it to happen, since the PS3 simply cannot be compared to the success of it's predecessor.

Well you expressed what I felt about this thread very well....

Former something....

http://computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=158647

"Electronic Arts and Pandemic Studios have confirmed that the previously-PS3 exclusive sequel Mercenaries 2: World in Flames will now also be coming to Xbox 360, PS2 and PC.

An Xbox 360 version of the game has been heavily rumoured over the past year, but the PS2 and PC versions have come as a surprise.

"Mercenaries 2: World in Flames delivers the next evolution in explosive open world gameplay - regardless of the system you play it on," said Pandemic Studios CEO Andrew Goldman.

"All four platforms are incredible gaming machines, and from the beginning we designed an experience that accentuates their individual strengths and delivers the interactive freedom and explosive action Mercenaries fans demand."

Mercenaries 2 is expected at the end of the year."

So does this count?

Around the Network
brute said:
konnichiwa said:
iron_megalith said:
el_rika said:

also FF1,2,3 being on nes

I think there's no need to go that far..... I think we need a boundary so we know what the scopes are..

someone please stop the fire.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)

@Everyone: I've made this thread because I've seen too many people saying MS is moneyhatting or Sony isn't money hatting enough. I just wanted to see what impact does losing the console leadership has in terms of exclusives.

If someone wants to do one for the SNES ---> PS1 go ahead... This isn't trolling, Im just pointing out that exclusives from last gen may well go multiplat or switch platforms this gen as we have already seen.

And this is about last gen vs this gen, not going back to the NES days, I know Nintendo lost a lot of exclusives when PS1 was launched.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

PIMP said:

http://computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=158647

"Electronic Arts and Pandemic Studios have confirmed that the previously-PS3 exclusive sequel Mercenaries 2: World in Flames will now also be coming to Xbox 360, PS2 and PC.

An Xbox 360 version of the game has been heavily rumoured over the past year, but the PS2 and PC versions have come as a surprise.

"Mercenaries 2: World in Flames delivers the next evolution in explosive open world gameplay - regardless of the system you play it on," said Pandemic Studios CEO Andrew Goldman.

"All four platforms are incredible gaming machines, and from the beginning we designed an experience that accentuates their individual strengths and delivers the interactive freedom and explosive action Mercenaries fans demand."

Mercenaries 2 is expected at the end of the year."

So does this count?

Old news for me. but I guess if we count those there should be more than what he has on this last.

trestres said:
@Everyone: I've made this thread because I've seen too many people saying MS is moneyhatting or Sony isn't money hatting enough. I just wanted to see what impact does losing the console leadership has in terms of exclusives.

If someone wants to do one for the SNES ---> PS1 go ahead... This isn't trolling, Im just pointing out that exclusives from last gen may well go multiplat or switch platforms this gen as we have already seen.

And this is about last gen vs this gen, not going back to the NES days, I know Nintendo lost a lot of exclusives when PS1 was launched.

Hey how about games like Assasins Creed which was slated to be a PS3 exclusive or Mercenaries 2 which also was supposed to be a PS3 exclusive or WWE smackdown?