By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - List of Sony's lost exclusives of this gen.

I suspect the list is probably much larger in reality, but being that most of the games missing would have people saying "... but that game sucked anyways" its probably best that the other games are not included.

Around the Network

Great Thread. It should be stickied.
How about Assasins Creed? It was supposed to be a PS3 exclusive or so I have heard.

trestres said:

This is a list of gaming franchises which were once exclusive to Sony, but now have gone either multiplatform or just switched platforms.

Final Fantasy (Main series) -  FFXIII, X360

Dragon Quest (Main series) -  DQIX, Nintendo DS

Kingdom Hearts  -  KH: 358/2 Days, Nintendo DS

Devil May Cry  -  DMC4, X360

Star Ocean  -  SO4, X360

GTA timed exclusivity  -  GTA4 (exclusive DLC), X360

Fatal Frame  -  FF4, Wii

Ace combat  -  Ace Combat 6, X360

Okami  -  Okami, Wii

Tenchu (Main series)  -  Tenchu 4, Wii

Romance of the three kingdoms  -  RotTK XI, Wii

Monster Hunter  -  MH3, Wii

Katamari  -  Beautiful Katamari, X360

Taiko Drum Master  -  Taiko drum Master DS, Nintendo DS

Guitar Hero  -  GH2, X360;  GH3, Wii and X360

Valkyrie Profile  -  VP: The accused one, Nintendo DS

Disgaea  -  Disgaea DS, Nintendo DS

Ys  -  Ys DS, Nintendo DS

Wow.. You really failed BIG TIME now............ So you're suggesting KH was already lost when Chains of memories came out on GBA? and I dare to flunk you really bad this time.. Fatal Frame? wait that reminded me... wasn't it on Xbox?

I think it was ages ago that it lost many exclusives.. If you're gonna make another list such as this.. Make it perfect please..

I thought to see a list of PS3 exclusives who ended to be on other consoles as well...

iron_megalith said:
trestres said:

This is a list of gaming franchises which were once exclusive to Sony, but now have gone either multiplatform or just switched platforms.

Star Ocean  -  SO4, X360

Fatal Frame  -  FF4, Wii

Okami  -  Okami, Wii

Of course that a lot of this games were previously exclusive to other than Sony, and that Sony gained exclusivity. But all of these games have lost the excusivity from Sony this gen.

There are some other minor and insignificant games that have lost exclusivity too, but I'm just naming the most important ones IMO.

Please help me with any others I might have missed.

Do you think Sony will lose exclusivity to any other franchise? Which??

Wow.. You really failed BIG TIME now............ So you're suggesting KH was already lost when Chains of memories came out on GBA? and I dare to flunk you really bad this time.. Fatal Frame? wait that reminded me... wasn't it on Xbox?

It was?...Hmmm I should pick it up...

Former something....

Around the Network

Virtua Fighter 5, Bladestorm: The Hundred Years' War, and Fatal Inertia should be added too

Edit: WWE smackdown, Mercenaries: World in Flames

Blacksaber said:
iron_megalith said:
trestres said:

Star Ocean  -  SO4, X360

Fatal Frame  -  FF4, Wii

Okami  -  Okami, Wii

Of course that a lot of this games were previously exclusive to other than Sony, and that Sony gained exclusivity. But all of these games have lost the excusivity from Sony this gen.

There are some other minor and insignificant games that have lost exclusivity too, but I'm just naming the most important ones IMO.

Please help me with any others I might have missed.

Do you think Sony will lose exclusivity to any other franchise? Which??

It was?...Hmmm I should pick it up...

If you say the whole franchise was exclusive then that's lying.. If you say Fatal Frame 4 it was undecided for PS3 and was a rumor. It wasn't exclusive to start with it was said to come out on a next gen console and that's about what it says.

All YS games up to 5 were on Nintendo platforms. So saying it is a exclusive Sony lost is wrong. It is more of a exclusive Nintendo got back.
Okami isn`t even part of any franchise.

Satan said:

"You are for ever angry, all you care about is intelligence, but I repeat again that I would give away all this superstellar life, all the ranks and honours, simply to be transformed into the soul of a merchant's wife weighing eighteen stone and set candles at God's shrine."

^ Bladestorm? The hundred Years war? Fatal Inertia??? What?? Those games were not PS only exclusives and Fatal Inertia was a X360 exclusive that now will be released on PSN..

Blacksaber said:
brute said:
they should of paid to keep some of them exclusive

Yeah they should of but it does teach them the lesson of not relying on 3rd party's so heavily....Make sure your first party is strong and then get the 3rd...

the same with nintendo,you never know what the third party could do

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"