By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Naruto ultimate ninja storm

I just downloaded in and i've been playing it for a couple of hours. All i can say is that its awesome

Graphics are great, smooth animations, good framerate and probably the best cell shading i've seen

Sound: The original japanese voices, need i say more?

Gameplay:

The first thing that struck me, is how fast paced the combat is and that combined with the smooth animations, makes the combat  really good. The support system really adds something(they may save you or attack your enemy) to the combat and the attacks are superb. THe stage is very big for a fighting game and the smooth jumping attacks, chakra boosts makes the map even more fun. The game really sets itself appart from "rise of ninja" combat and graphic wise. The best thing about the game imo was the special attack system. You have to execute the attcks like a normal combo and this makes the combat faster and it feels better. In Rise of ninja the special attacks were overpowered. Once you managed to excute the attacks, the doding system were based on button mashing and while you could reduce damage and stuff you could dodge the entire attack all to together. In ultimate storm however you can dodge the attack as a normal one and if the attack hits, you'll be given the button mashing option. The rage system is also awesome instead of just getting faster you'll get a whole new sets of attacks. LIke in naruto's case you'll turn into the one tail and you can use shockwaves, nine tail rasengan and the chakra arms. Kakashi will get the sharingan which is also good. Items works great, combo animations are great, the kage bunshin use is superb and all in all its an excellent fast paced fighter. And one of the best i've played.

This might turn out to be an AAA title and i really recommend that you look into the demo. Its really easy to pick up and play and if you're a fan of the series you must play this game.

Around the Network

I just downloaded it. I only played two games. I don't usually like these types of game, but I liked this. The graphics are beautiful.

Well i dont play alot of fighting games either, but this one is really great.

awesome game love it!!

Be honest with nobody and lie to your self MGS4 best game EVER on ps3 :?!!!!!!!

Played the demo, wasn't as impressed with the visuals as I thought I would be.
Too many jaggies.
Gameplay seemed pretty shallow.
Though I admit it is fun.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------                         iclim4 - "The Friends Thread changed my life!" (Pervert Alert!)                                            Tags? 

Around the Network

I agree, it is quite fun, but it gets a little boring with only two characters to play. And then there is one last complaint...
YYYYYYOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!
Oh my god, how can one sound possibly be so annoying?!

It was very fun!

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

I really liked how they made it a fighting game, with a 3D non linear stage. The cell shaded visuals are best i've ever seen. Funny how 8 year old sister beat me 3 to 1. She did some nifty move where Naruto clones just jump on you, then whip you on the floor

I thought the demo was decent. It was fun, but also felt very shallow, and I'm unsure of it's worth as a full game. I've never played a Naruto game before, so this is my first. Also, I've only played 4 matches, so I could be missing out on some hidden depth, whatever they may be.

My major complaint about the game would be that once someone gets 1 hit on you, you are basically stuck for the rest of that attack combo. There's almost nothing you can do to recover/block the rest of the string of attacks. At least, I couldn't figure out any way to get out of it.

I also disliked having a single button for "simple" attacks. A lot more depth could have been added if they mapped L2 (or R2) to the Chakra system, and used the triangle button as a strong attack. That way, you would be able to control your combos, and it would open up a lot of variety in the way you attack. Items were a nice feature, but ultimately felt useless. I also liked that your special moves were powerful, but not game winningly powerful.

bobobologna said:

My major complaint about the game would be that once someone gets 1 hit on you, you are basically stuck for the rest of that attack combo. There's almost nothing you can do to recover/block the rest of the string of attacks. At least, I couldn't figure out any way to get out of it.

If you time a block right you can do the move where your character is replaced with a log (no clue what the name is) and you teleport behind the person hitting you.