By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - (Rumor) Leak from Square-Enix Staff

lol what a joke.

the site that leaked that obviously leaked it out of thier arse

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Around the Network
GooseGaws said:

I love how PS3 fanboys who used to trumpet FF13 as being a sure candidate for one of the best games of all time now consider the quality to have experienced "slippage" simply due to the fact that it has been announced to be multi-platform.

Someone has to take over the job as a lot of Xbot suddenly changed their position after FFXIII went multi.

It (PS3's market share) might hit 30%, but definently not more. ~ Neo

Flaming (Calling another user (any user) a fanboy is flaming.) ~ Machina-AX

it would be funny xD

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Uberian said:

(This just in) The poster now claim Microsoft Taiwan will announce a chinese language version on FF13 at August 2th (the annoucement at 2th not the game) Right now its fair to say much of the public are waiting for this to proof his credit.

Do you mind showing me the source of this informatnion?

I think it is very unlikely because the size of the Chinese gaming market (at this point: Hong Kong and Taiwan) is simply not big enough to cover the cost of localization.  Meanwhile, Xbox360 is suffered from the piracy issue.  At this moment, only some 1st party games (both Xbox360 and PS3) have been localized to Chinese language.  If M$ pays for the cost, then I won't be surprised, but I doublt SE will have time to do it 'cause PAL market is much more important.

FYI, Square Enix has NEVER localize any of their game to Chinese version.

It (PS3's market share) might hit 30%, but definently not more. ~ Neo

Flaming (Calling another user (any user) a fanboy is flaming.) ~ Machina-AX

Actually so far there are about 67 chinese localized games (not counting XBLA) and thats one of the main reason 360 gained so many fanbase in chinese region (myself included)

You hit the spot in the aspect that it is very very unlikely FF13 to be convert into chinese, it will be the first if it does. That is why I said if this story checks out it will give the rumor poster a lot of credibility. We will just have to wait for August 2th to see.

Around the Network

I doubt the validity of this rumour, but not the credibility of much of it's speculation.

Its quite likely the PS3 version will be harder to make than the Xbox 360 version given the game's PC origins, and quite likely the game would launch earlier if it was Xbox 360 exclusive.

I think a lot of what is said in the OP is true, I just don't think the source has any inside information, he's using logic that cannot be easily disproven to guess.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

I'm struggling to believe this.

That was hilarious. Who would pay to see another final fantasy based movie after the shambles of the last

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

Man this is so BS ... common , who the hell made this up anyways lol

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

I'll put this into the rumour pile right now.

Google Translations don't generally work out too well for things like this, especially something as highly contested as this.