By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - 360 or Wii: Who reaches 11M worldwide first?

After seeing a similar thread and noticing the intersection point of worldwide LTD sales for 360 and Wii the past few weeks, it seems like the Wii is due to catch 360 in sometime in late August/September and that at that time both consoles will have around 11 million sold.

Now, several factors can influence that either way, the most important one being a possible 360 price drop at E3 in July.  Nintendo could also get more Wii's into the market, since it is by most reports still supply-constrained in most of the world.  Game releases will give minor bumps along the way as well, though I don't think 360 has many major titles before September, which is a big month.

Anyway, which of the two do you think will reach 11 million sold LTD worldwide first?  As an added bonus, what will the PS3 have sold worldwide at that time?

Around the Network

Ohhh this is a good one. I say Wii. I think they will cross at the 10.7m range and Wii will hit 11m just after that.

Forgot to add PS3 guesstimate. About 4m. 

I think the Wii will reach 11M first. However, after Halo 3, 360 sales may go up, so Wii will loose its position. By the end of the year, however, Wii will lead WW.

I'm gonna take a guess and say 360.

But I think it's gonna be extremely close...Wii could get there first.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

If I was a betting man, I'd say Wii would get there first, unless Microsoft drops the price of the 360 sometime in the summer. They are saturating the market at $400. If they don't crack 200k in the 5 week NPD of June, and still don't drop the price, Wii will get there first easily.

Around the Network

My response...

http://www.vgchartz.com/photos/album.php?album=113

Edit: It is the other image on that page.

People are difficult to govern because they have too much knowledge.

When there are more laws, there are more criminals.

- Lao Tzu

The Wii will pass the 11 million mark first.

SSBB: 1977-0005-2980 (JOEY) MKWii: 4382-2877-5902 (Joeykanga)
Wii:4027-0084-9432-1532             PM me if you add me.
Tag courtesy of fkusumot: Joeykanga - "Just post something once, don't ruin the thread"

360 is dropping its price 1 week before GTA IV. Mark my words. They will squeeze as much money as they can from the Halo fans, knowing that they will pay the $400 just to play it. I expect that numbers ia bout 100-200k ( real halo fans w/o 360). Price drop will come for GTA IV, which I expect to move the same amount of 360s as Halo 3.

Wii will get to 11 m before, definitely, but the 360 will pass it during the end of September and during most October, unless Nintendo releases SSBB or Galaxy during Octobre, which I think is highly likely.

/ begin sarcasm

I'm going to say the 360 breaks 11M at least three times, but then gets bumped down to 10.99M so that the Wii can stand alone at the 11M mark, you know, because all the mods here are Wii fanboys with an agenda.

/ end sarcasm

Wii first and 360 follows pretty close!