By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - 360 or Wii: Who reaches 11M worldwide first?

eques judicii said:

I'm still under the belief that the NPD tracked only sales of Premiums and Cores because with the release of the Elite there is no way that the sales of the 360 went down (check itrackr to see that elite is indemand) If they shipped 50,000 elites in may then that would put the 360's numbers back at 200,000/month which is where it had been averaging... but who knows, no tracking site ever reveals all their sources or how they actually calculate the data, so we will never know.

You really believe this? Come on, NPD is an independent tracking agency. There is really no reason for them at all to exclude Elites from their numbers. Also if they did I'm sure Microsoft would have mentioned it in their press statement about the NPD numbers. The summer is just a slow period and Microsoft probably just more or less hit the bottom of the market for the current price point. And the Elite is not helping this at all with its higher price point.

About the prediction, I think the Wii will be there first, somewhere between the first and third week of September. Halo will not get 360 back on top, the Wii is selling around 200-250k units a week WW. Even a boost of 200k units for the 360 in 1 week just means they're more or less equal in sales and by the time Halo comes out 360 is probably a few 100k behind already.

Around the Network

Do you really have to ask?

Wii. 

11 million range will be seen in August.

John Lucas 

Words from the Official VGChartz Idiot

WE ARE THE NATION...OF DOMINATION!

johnlucas said:

Do you really have to ask?

Wii.

11 million range will be seen in August.

John Lucas

I agree

By me:

Made with Blender + LuxRender
"Since you can´t understand ... there is no point to taking you seriously."

At the direction of 360 going. it might drop to 8M.
/sarcasm

I guess Wii will hit 12M before 360 hit 11M.

ill say the wii but at the end of september 360 will reach 11 million. the PS3 will reach 4.3 by september but if a price cut happens around 5 million.

Around the Network

John Lucus, It doesn't take my half of a Masters in Counseling to see that you are delusional!

P.S. I am only kidding with you!

I'd say Wii reaches 11 million first.

But like some people are saying, Halo 3 and a price drop will help the 360.

Price drop also helps PS3 but time is running out to turn this thing around.