By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Why I hope Wii motionplus isn't used in too many games.

Euphoria14 said:
sc94597 said:
I don't think it costs too much to produce. Maybe they could up the price of games that use it to 60 dollars. It seems ok that HD console games cost that much so why not wii ones?

Probably because HD games costs alot more to produce.

I know, but it doesn't seem to cause too much of a decrease in sales.

Around the Network
sc94597 said:
Euphoria14 said:
sc94597 said:
I don't think it costs too much to produce. Maybe they could up the price of games that use it to 60 dollars. It seems ok that HD console games cost that much so why not wii ones?

Probably because HD games costs alot more to produce.

I know, but it doesn't seem to cause too much of a decrease in sales.

That is because HD console owners know why they are paying more.

If someone does not care for the new 1:1 controller addon they do not want to be forced to now pay a premium.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Another issue with packing it in with more than just WSR is shelf space, retailers are already struggling with three consoles, three rockbands, 25 guitar heroes, 2 portables, 3 versions of DDR, WiiPlay, Wiifit (Ok, not really taking up shelf space:P )etc.

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.

Or another solution: Wii will get a price add of 10/15$ (sorry my poor english, I want to say the opposite of price drop, I think it is price add) and came bundled with this device. Every people who doesn't have it: run and buy one.

I also added this to my other post, which makes alot of sense if all games that support have the accessory packaged in.

"Making it the standard and including it in each game would also cause people to have alot more of these 1:1 than they would like to have and just like the Wiifit board, there would be no resale value. Well... outside of sites like eBay anyways."

You would just end up with an abundance of accessories you have no use for.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Around the Network

"Lo siento, hablo español un poco."

Yo tambien amigo :D

Spanx said:
Or another solution: Wii will get a price add of 10/15$ (sorry my poor english, I want to say the opposite of price drop, I think it is price add) and came bundled with this device. Every people who doesn't have it: run and buy one.

I don't think people want price hikes before a price drop.

This would still force the original install base to purchase the stand alone accessory.

Currently playing:

Spanx said:

Nintendo have to find a solution, maybe shipping it for free! [dreamming mode off]

I bet it will be sold at a bargain price bundled with a craptacular game like wii play with an extra remote. Or it will came bundled with any game that needs it. Like Shaun White Snowbording will be shipped alongside with a balance board I«m preety shure.

EDIT:  with any game that needs it - Unlikely to happen, so people should end having 4 or 5 motionplus in their homes. But thinking about it better, every guitar hero cames bundled with a guitar so...

I don't know! At least reggie said that is should came standart, and I hope so. A solution? Nintendo will work on that while I sit in my couch and watch a couple of movies :D

This happened with the PS3 version and the Wii versions as they had no Guitar Hero prior to GHIII.

For the PS2 and 360 however, you were able to buy the game seperate without a controller, just like how the next DS GH game will be available without the grip.

GH Aerosmith is also available on all consoles with or without the bundled guitar.

This is one game however, I can't see Nintendo doing this same strategy with each and every new game released. It would cost too much.

Currently playing:

I could see a Holiday pack (2012 when the sales start to slow ) With a Wii + WiiSports + Wii Sports Resort and the Dongle for $300 no price cut, but that doesn't help with the 29+ million users.

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.

Nintendo doesn't need to add to the price of the wii. The wii makes such a profit they could add in the costs of these add-ons and it will still make them a profit. you are correct though Euphoria14 about having more than one of these add-ons, but we still don't know how much the Add-on will cost seperately, and the attach rate of it. I think the number of games using this depends on how many people buy the add on. Oh and  they could make two versions of the game one with the add ons and one without.