By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Why I hope Wii motionplus isn't used in too many games.

I'm fine with every game from now on using it.
I'll buy more.
I just hope it doesn't make me remove it with every game that doesn't use it.
I'd have to take off the Motion plus jacket, take out the nun chuck, take out MotionPlus, put the jacket back in, and put the nun chuck back in... x4

I own all of lastgen systems as of October 2008. (Finally got a Dreamcast)

I own every currentgen system except PS3.

Around the Network

I expect Wii Sports Resort will feature a lot of pass-the-remote style multiplayer, and very few games with an option requiring 3-4 MotionPluses.

And then hopefully, we just see a few different games which benefit from the controls after that, just like with the Balance Board.

Luckily, third party devs will control whether it becomes standard or not. If almost all games are optimized for NO MotionPlus, it won't become standard.

I don't think the next Mario or Zelda needs 1:1, and I think it would be foolish of Nintendo to try to push this as anything other than another optional peripheral. They've even made an effort to have a no-nunchuk option in multiplayer games.

I believe a MotionPlus costs $30 on it's own.

"[Our former customers] are unable to find software which they WANT to play."
"The way to solve this problem lies in how to communicate what kind of games [they CAN play]."

Satoru Iwata, Nintendo President. Only slightly paraphrased.

sorry..I have to disagree..I hope they incorporate this in EVERY game franchise out there....at first people said Wiimote in general would suck for games

yet it socks..so motionplus owns...sorry

I hope they use it for every game: I wanna be surprised by the unique ways they'll use it