By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Why I hope Wii motionplus isn't used in too many games.

I think the added functionality is absotutin'lutely fantastic.  But I hope that WiiM+ ends up like WiiFit.  Why?

I don't think it would be good business for Nintendo or Third Parties to limit there sales to the number of users who own the dongle. 

I don't think consumers should be feel forced to buy it. Some gamers want to maximize there budgets on games.

If games use it as an option, then we won't see good use of it or the devs will have to invest too much money and/or time.

On most games it just isn't necessary.  Excite Truck, BoomBlox, Zack and Wiki, and other games have shown there is already a capacity for more sensitivity that isn't used in the existing Wiimote.  The lag is limited, and 1:1 is only necesarry for so many activities.

That being said, I look forward to a good handful of games to use it this generation and hope it is intergrated into the next console offering as a standard feature.

Agree or disagree? Why?

(Please, no one post who is not interested in Wii or Wii games.  If you are not a regular poster of constructive discussion do not bother posting.  Thanks!)

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.

Around the Network

Why can't they pack it in with every game that uses it?

motionplus device will be standart for now on...
Get used to that, games are much more appelative with 1:1 gameplay, wii sales will get even more crazy... In N64 era I remenber that people was forced to buy expansion pack to play some titles. It will be the same... I'm getting one!

sc94597 said:
Why can't they pack it in with every game that uses it?

WiiSports Resort is a lower cost game, with higher sales expected than the average game so they can afford to include it in their and still sell it at retail for $50.

Most series will have lower total sales and will cost more to produce.  Meaning the dongle will cut into profit or raise the retail price.

Nintendo will be very slow to pair it up with all but the most popular third party franchises (see:  FF and GH packages for DS).

Spanx said:

Get used to that, games are much more appelative with 1:1 gameplay, wii sales will get even more crazy... In N64 era I remenber that people was forced to buy expansion pack to play some titles. It will be the same... I'm getting one!

It was only used in 4 games, and only required for two of them.

(Edit: I'm wrong, it was used in 20+ games for minor improvements. It was only required for 2/4).

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.

Spanx said:

If it does become the standard, it will be forcing a purchase on the 30M current Wii owners. By the time it releases, that would possibly be 40+. I don't think that would go well.

Expansion pack for N64 was not a standard, not all games released afterwards used it. Only games I played that required it were Majoras Mask and RE2. Most future titles did not require it from what I know.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Around the Network

Nintendo have to find a solution, maybe shipping it for free! [\dreamming mode off]

I bet it will be sold at a bargain price bundled with a craptacular game like wii play with an extra remote. Or it will came bundled with any game that needs it. Like Shaun White Snowbording will be shipped alongside with a balance board I«m preety shure.

EDIT:  with any game that needs it - Unlikely to happen, so people should end having 4 or 5 motionplus in their homes. But thinking about it better, every guitar hero cames bundled with a guitar so...

I don't know! At least reggie said that is should came standart, and I hope so. A solution? Nintendo will work on that while I sit in my couch and watch a couple of movies :D

I don't think it costs too much to produce. Maybe they could up the price of games that use it to 60 dollars. It seems ok that HD console games cost that much so why not wii ones?

I think is better the devs make the game function with and without the motionplus.
Doesn't seem difficult to achieve.

sc94597 said:
I don't think it costs too much to produce. Maybe they could up the price of games that use it to 60 dollars. It seems ok that HD console games cost that much so why not wii ones?

Probably because HD games costs alot more to produce.

Making it the standard and including it in each game would also cause people to have alot more of these 1:1 than they would like to have and just like the Wiifit board, there would be no resale value. Well... outside of sites like eBay anyways.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Also wii sports 2 will most likely sell to a quarter-half of the wii userbase. If they pack it in with the wii also, then I could see alot of games using it.