By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Is Wii Music gonna be the next Guitar Hero? I mean super popular?

elnino334 said:
Anything with Wii on the tittle will sell millions!

thats what i said

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Around the Network

I really doubt it. If you look at the next day coverage of Nintendo's E3 conference you'll see that there wasn't really much press enthusiasm for Wii Music, certainly not anywhere near what we saw for Wii Fit. Also, There isn't really anything (from what we've seen) in Wii Music that's really innovative or that we haven't seen before in other games. Seems like it takes even less skill than Guitar Hero or Rock Band.

This game won't flop but it will not come close to matching the sales of either Guitar Hero or Wii Fit, and that will be good for Nintendo.

Maybe I'll be terribly wrong, but I don't think that wii music will have the success as the other Wii sports/play/fit ... with guitar hero and rock band becoming the music games of this generation. i don't think wii music will stack up against these games, since GH3 and I assume rock band will continue to sell on wii.

i obviously haven't played it, but i don't see it selling that well.

I really don't know ...

In so many ways I see it as being a lot like Nintendogs and Electroplanktin were when they were first displayed. It is such a different take on the music games we have seen before that it is difficult to get a feeling on how well it will sell. On one hand, I think there are a lot of people who are easily frustrated by the Guitar Hero and RockBand games who will buy it, people will also buy it because it has the Wii name associated with it, and people may buy it because they think it is something it isn't; at the same time, I don't see anyone who (currently) plays games like Guitar Hero or RockBand picking this up which seems like the majority of the potential userbase.

damkira said:

I really doubt it. If you look at the next day coverage of Nintendo's E3 conference you'll see that there wasn't really much press enthusiasm for Wii Music, certainly not anywhere near what we saw for Wii Fit. Also, There isn't really anything (from what we've seen) in Wii Music that's really innovative or that we haven't seen before in other games. Seems like it takes even less skill than Guitar Hero or Rock Band.

This game won't flop but it will not come close to matching the sales of either Guitar Hero or Wii Fit, and that will be good for Nintendo.

it might not match them but it will be close,any game with wii in its name will sell alot

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Around the Network
elnino334 said:
Anything with Wii on the tittle will sell millions!

Hu-what? XD

Anyway, Super popular? Definitely. No-brainer. 10 million+ seller guaranteed. Even if it gets crap reviews. Casuals who buy these kind of games don't read reviews. 

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

It sure as hell doesn't deserve it, but it probably will.

i think it wil be bigger than rb2 or gh3 or 4 i lost track. u don't have to buy a guitar or what not. if u want to do drums u will of course have to get wii fit to get the balance board. i don't think u need the balance to play it tho only for drums. 

i am trying to understand the game i heard u can take samples of each instruments and there is 50 different instrumets right. u can create musci and share in wii conncet. so people on the net could hear ur shit. so are they going to make this more like a sampler of music so u can create or own beats to make ur own music right.  i have a pc and have software like this were u get selected instruments and u can sample to make ur own beats and muisc.

if it is what i think it is it would awesome i could imagin people making some sick ass beat so people can flow on. it better have the indian drums on it

Pretty sure it'll sell a lot. Maybe not as much as GH but it will sell a lot.

If they constrain the supply (which they most knowingly will), then Wii Music will sell like Wii Fit, which is at 5.65 million at the moment.

If Nintendo gives us that "Oh, we didn't know it would be that successful" crap again, I'd be kind of annoyed.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."