By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Is Wii Music gonna be the next Guitar Hero? I mean super popular?

For them to screw Mario's theme on stage, it doesn't seem that easy to me...

How many cups of darkness have I drank over the years? Even I don't know...

Around the Network

It sounds like a horrible game, and I hope for guitar hero and rockband outsell it cuz i dont want them becomming like wii music.

PSWii60 owner! woot

Get your Portable ID!

SaviorX said:
If they constrain the supply (which they most knowingly will), then Wii Music will sell like Wii Fit, which is at 5.65 million at the moment.

If Nintendo gives us that "Oh, we didn't know it would be that successful" crap again, I'd be kind of annoyed.

You do understand why Wii Fit is supply constrained... don't you?

Why would Wii Music be supply constrained when there's absolutely no bundled hardware? Drop the conspiracy theory.

I'm not sure if anybody knows what to think of Wii Music. It has brand recognition, sure, but it's really hard to tell whether it's actually going to be fun or not. I'm sure it won't be some people's cup o' tea, but it's too soon to tell how many people would really enjoy this game. I'm not sure if anybody is going to know how fun it is until they try it.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

Its too late. GH has set a standard and Wii Music, apart from the name and obvious appeal to families, doesn't deserve to be compared really.

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

I hope not if it plays as bad as many people's early impressions of the game. If it does have some more depth to it than there is a decent chance it will sell well.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

Around the Network

most likely!

A lot of ppl here on these boards have wii fit & wii play. If barely any core players buy this game, it will not sell as well as the others. Also, it doesn't come w a peripheral so ppl won't be buying it for that either.