By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Is Wii Music gonna be the next Guitar Hero? I mean super popular?

Wii music is going after the below age 3 gamers, nursery rhymes and just random pressing buttons and moving your arms.  It could sell millions, lots of people are retarded when it comes to buying games.

Around the Network

we here have not played the game so we don't shit. lets wait and see what the master has come up with when it is completed in spring so just chill. nintendo will not bring out a game that people don't want and is not fun so just roll a fatty and just chill. this game is going to be big.  it seems like last year that eveybody said that wiifit sucks it is targeting moms and socceer moms and look what happened they changed gaming period for everybody and everybody is playing. all industry wrote nintendo off and saying nintendo sucks for bringing  a stupid ass board out and look what happened just chill and let genius of nintendo be nintendo. 

let nintendo be nintendo.

I have my doubts. I think this was something that Miyamoto was really interested in. I think they went along with it to humor the old man. If it keep him happy, then that's probably a good thing. It's not like it's a $4 billion dollar flight of fancy.

sungson said:

we here have not played the game so we don't shit. lets wait and see what the master has come up with when it is completed in spring so just chill. nintendo will not bring out a game that people don't want and is not fun so just roll a fatty and just chill. this game is going to be big.  it seems like last year that eveybody said that wiifit sucks it is targeting moms and socceer moms and look what happened they changed gaming period for everybody and everybody is playing. all industry wrote nintendo off and saying nintendo sucks for bringing  a stupid ass board out and look what happened just chill and let genius of nintendo be nintendo. 

let nintendo be nintendo.

You obviously didn't see Nintendo's E3 conference. Miyamoto already explained what the game is about. You possess the skills to master Wii Music as long as you are not a quadipilegic. You do the motions, and press whatever buttons you want. Sounds come out in time to the music, and there are no scores. It promotes complete equality in gaming. If this were Mario Kart, it would be a Mario Kart where you could press whatever you want, moved in any direction, and as long as you did something, the game's AI script would move your cart, turn when needed and shoot weapons as applicable. Oh, and everyone finishes the race at the exact same time. It does the thinking for you completely.

Wii Music I think will be moderately successful in comparison to other Wii branded games. 3-5 million in my mind. It'll be 3-5 million more than it deserves though. This is exactly the kind of crap we were all dreading and telling ourselves Nintendo would never do when they implemented this new philosophy. I hope this bombs so more games like this aren't encouraged.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

I think that it will sell a lot, depending of how it will be, it will sell more or less that GH.

||Tag courtesy of fkusumot - "Heaven is like a Nintendo theme park!"||Join the Medal of Honor: Heroes 2 American League HERE!||

Around the Network

Expect a gal-zillion youtube videos.
It'll be huge, wither its good or not.
Its part of the Wii series, everyone has sold well over a million besides Wii Chess.

I own all of lastgen systems as of October 2008. (Finally got a Dreamcast)

I own every currentgen system except PS3.

I love Nintendo, I always have and always will, I'v supported this company forever, wich is why saying this hurts.

I hope Wii Music fails, and hard.

Girl in bikini playing the bone flute on youtube will be be good for another million in sales.

I predict it to be a million seller...and above 5 million

why? because it's a great Music game really, it requires timing, not pressing the right buttons, but it does require timing...as the song keeps going and you have to try and play the RYTHM form memory

either way..I want it, it will be as popular..if not more..since Guitar Hero and Rock band are being like the PS360...

explanation:

PS3/460 :only graphical upgrade, more buttons
GH/RB: more songs, more preipherals wich cost alot
Nintendo Wii: shifts paradigm, lower gfx, but newer gameplay
Wii Music: shifts paradigm, not as many peripherals, but tons of intruments and tons of ways to play

I was under the impression from the presentation that you were still required to use timing. Nevertheless, I'm not sure about what to think on this one. Admittedly, if looks a lot more forgiving than either Rock Band or Guitar Hero, and for a lot of people that's a good thing. The sheer number of musical instruments is also a sizable plus. I think it will sell reasonably well, I'd like to hear more hands on before I get more specific.